• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

potpourri of gold, mostly low grade

22 posts in this topic

following books will got to first takers. $5 s/h, i'll combine if someone gets more than one.

1) cheap chesler: Dynamic 14. soiled looking cover, tears at staples, surprisingly nice ow pq. g-vg.

$65

dynamic14.jpg

2) second to last Air Fighters, and one of the best covers of the run: "you can't turn a white man into a jap with just mud! but a white man like airboy can turn a jap's plans to mud......" wow.

g-vg book, c/ow pages. spine is worn, some fading to the reds. that red you see on the spine looks to be a nail polish spill. i've been very careful ever since.

decent book overall.

$75

af.jpg

3) Punch 22. very pretty copy with blazing colors. ow/w pages. vg-f. looks alot better, but there is a chip gone at top of spine that blends inot the '68 pages' and scan doesn't show it well, and a skinny little strip missing from back edge of the bottom back cover. really pretty book.

$45

punch22.jpg

4) the last Red Dragon. beat. the piece missing off the front is matched in the same spot on the back cover. rusty staples have stained all pages at the staple, but cf still tight. g-? hard to grade it, maybe it's a f-g.

$3,000. i mean, $30.

reddragon.jpg

5) and finally, one of my best books, but an upgrade in minnesota frees it up.

Comedy 11, with the vagabond and stuporman within. as my boy jimmy famously observed, it is from the "circle ate" collection. physicists have determined that 39.8% of the front cover is missing. it is therfore a qualified 8.1, but really a 1.8. or probably less. but it is a very early large timely from 1942 and is complete inside the covers.

$45

crapola.jpg

i'm out of town with gator from tomorrow 'til sunday nite. i'll be back then to pmail anyone about the books. thanks for looking.

physicists have determined that 39.8% of the front cover is missing.

Damn they are good! I bet their services cost you quite a pretty penny. :o

2) second to last Air Fighters, and one of the best covers of the run: "you can't turn a white man into a jap with just mud! but a white man like airboy can turn a jap's plans to mud......" wow.

g-vg book, c/ow pages. spine is worn, some fading to the reds. that red you see on the spine looks to be a nail polish spill. i've been very careful ever since.

decent book overall.

$75

af.jpg

:takeit:

I promise to be more careful with the nail polish :grin:

4) the last Red Dragon. beat. the piece missing off the front is matched in the same spot on the back cover. rusty staples have stained all pages at the staple, but cf still tight. g-? hard to grade it, maybe it's a f-g.

$3,000. i mean, $30.

i'm out of town with gator from tomorrow 'til sunday nite.

Another CGC Board Love Connection! That's great! :applause:

Don't spoon that Gator too tightly Billy.......he is a bitter :blush:

I think you mean biter. I shudder to think what was bitter... :eek:

i'm out of town with gator from tomorrow 'til sunday nite.

Another CGC Board Love Connection! That's great! :applause:

Don't spoon that Gator too tightly Billy.......he is a bitter :blush:

I think you mean biter. I shudder to think what was bitter... :eek:

:sick:

$3,000. i mean, $30.

thank you, sir! pm on details sent.

hmI don't see any PURPLE covers;) (tsk)

:hi:

those i keep, young lady.

but only the red dragon and air fighters are sold--other three still out there. you boardies pm with any reasonable counters before they go up on ebay this weekend.