• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most Valuable comic you own?

223 posts in this topic

Just went broke from this one

019.jpg

Beautiful copy of a tough book in HG!! Was that purchased on the boards?

It was off the boards which I have only been using for about 2mnths some of the most incredible stuff is here, no where else.But I'd tade you for that FF 12 in a second :banana:

cap467-1-1.jpg

This cover is unbelieveable....I've always been amazed by the holocaust covers..they must have really struck a note with the readers back then... Especially since most of the artists/publishers of the time were Jewish, and probably a lot of the readers as well...being jewish myself it still makes me cringe to see it, even though I'm sure you wouldn't have to be jewish to cringe at that cover anyway...

Great books... :golfclap:

Thank you - I feel the same way. What are the other holocaust covers you are referring to?

Well I guess its really only this one that I've seen before..not sure if there are others...

It's the most direct reference.

Real Life #3 depicts a concentration camp. link

Clue Comics #7 shows a line of men with numbers tattooed on their backs. link

Thanks for the info. The Real Life 3 is pretty direct. I'm not so sure about the Clue Comics being a holocaust reference, but it is interesting nonetheless.

It's been a long time since I read my copy of Clue 7, but I seem to recall this not being of any relation to the holocaust or WWII in general.

FF12.jpg

Beautiful book...any chance of you selling? I didn't think so.

Nah, I've owned it for nearly 10 years already, having purchased it raw in the days before CGC. I'm not exactly the "flipper" type.

This might be it, but my heirs will probably be the ones to find out. Bought on a trip when I had $ to burn, and no HG SA was available...., :sorry:

adv108d.jpg

Not sure if I've seen that cover before as well...LOVE the artwork and the composition...AMAZING! :headbang:

I would have to say the most valuable one monetarily is this one:

Suspense3front1.jpg

But the most valuable to me overall are these two:

RAD4E0ED200863_103459.jpg

cap467-1-1.jpg

Grade on the SUSPENSE please? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blowin' away on this thread! You get double :headbang::headbang: and a (worship) thrown in for good measure!

I have about 5 books all worth the same monetarily...but this would be my favorite one out of the five.

wtof3.jpg

OK...I'm green like the HULK with envy and I don't even collect these...SPECTACULAR!!! (but I've always been a fan of early EC/Atlas/etc Horror-Sci-Fi etc...) :headbang:

Suspense3front1.jpg

Grade on the SUSPENSE please? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blowin' away on this thread! You get double :headbang::headbang: and a (worship) thrown in for good measure!

That's my old book. It's about a 7.5 with a little bit of resto on it. Very pretty book in hand that I was showing everyone in Chicago this year.