• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bump Bidding or what on Heritage?

27 posts in this topic

Whats up with this book http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?source=&Sale_No=808&Lot_No=5718&sid=2E678DD4142B45A15158166C8AD6017B

It seems fairly pricey for this issue. Is that what the actual bidding is up to or is that what it's been bumped up to? $3,335 seems like a lot for this book to be fetching. It's a nice grade for a GA but not even the highest in the census and there are 3 other 8.5's. I know it's a classic Joker cover but there are plenty of other earlier issues with great covers that don't bring this kind of money in similiar condition. What's the deal? confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's not on the After Auction Sale list, then that's a real sale price.

Also, I didn't get the book I wanted for 20 years. It was the More Fun #73 in CGC FN-. It's the first appearance of Aquaman and Green Arrow. There is only two copies that are CGC'd in higher grade and they are in 9.0 and 9.4 (Mile High) and sold for over $20,000 each last year.

I kept bidding on the book but right now, with the Buyer's Premium, it would be over $4,000 and that's where I stopped.

Maybe another time.

Good Luck to all.

If it's not on the After Auction Sale list, then that's a real sale price.

Also, I didn't get the book I wanted for 20 years. It was the More Fun #73 in CGC FN-. It's the first appearance of Aquaman and Green Arrow. There is only two copies that are CGC'd in higher grade and they are in 9.0 and 9.4 (Mile High) and sold for over $20,000 each last year.

I kept bidding on the book but right now, with the Buyer's Premium, it would be over $4,000 and that's where I stopped.

Maybe another time.

Good Luck to all.

I wasn't sure becuase when I checked last night it just said the Internet bidding was closed and I didn't know if this auction had any floor bids or calling that would go on for a few more days. A 5.5 definitly would have been nice even if it's a little below your standards.

It didn't get any higher on the floor. My bid was the second highest, but for all I know, the winner had a max bid $1,000 more then my bid.

It looks like I won one book (usually I win 5-10), so I'm a little dissappointed.

Oh well, there's another in February.

I wouldn't be too disapointed. Prices were definately high on just about everything I was looking at. My guess is just over half the Silver Age lots actually sold. IMO this auction had way too consignors who just must not have been that interested in parting with their books.

Btw, that STT 101 9.0 restored that I was bidding on didn't sell.. HOW WEIRD. Let's see, if I remember correctly the highest REAL bid was in the range of 200 dollars... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

I haven't had a chance to see what sold in the Silver-Age section, but high prices were received on a lot of Golden-Age books. There doesn't seem to be any MARKET CRASH occuring there.

One book that I gave up on trying to get after the BUMP was a Ghostly Weird Stories (L.B. Cole cover). It was CGC 8.0 (Cosmic Airplane copy). Guide in that grade is around $200 and it sold for over $900. That's a HUGE premium for a 8.0 (VF book). Most of the other VF copies of books I looked at sold above guide.

Hope some people got what they want.

Ok, Here's my take on the latest Heritage auction. First off I won Nothing and I am proud of it. I thought the quantity of offerings were a little light compared to the prior quarterly's. Therefore I assumed higher prices than many expected due to the supply/demand inbalance. My view is that prices are up a bit from the previous auctions but not by an outrageous amount. I had 5 books I was interested in and turned out to be the second highest bidder in 3 auctions. If I was enthralled with any of the books I was bidding on I would have pushed the price. Instead I chose to do the humanitarian thing and made some buyers happy by maintaining my limits. For me, I think I'll try E-Bay as a seller for the time being and it's onward to NY for the next quarterly. See you in the gallery.

I haven't had a chance to see what sold in the Silver-Age section, but high prices were received on a lot of Golden-Age books. There doesn't seem to be any MARKET CRASH occuring there.

I would expect the GA market to be effected the least by an kind of crash or correction. It just seems like many many books are tough to find for sale in the mid high grade and high grade at any time. You really have to keep you eyes open for GA becuase you might miss the boat and not see the book again for awhile. Where as in Bronze and Silver unless you are only going for Super High grade it might take you a few weeks to find the book in the same or similar grade.

I usually win about 30% of what I bid on, this time I won about 10%. Some of the reserves were way off and some of the books I was simply outbid on. But I did get one real score that I will post when I get it! smile.gif

Timely

The catalog, relative to past Signatures, was light from the get-go. That really put some upward pricing pressure on the few nice books for sale. Couple that w/ some gaudy reserves on some other "better" books and this auction was weak from a buyer's perspective. I truly believe many consignors were asked by Heritage to throw some books in the catalog to "fill it up", even though the consignors were not that motivated to move them. Hence the ridiculous bumps. Let's face it, trying to fill a first class catalog every three months or so is a tough assignment for Heritage. Very content to sit the sidelines on this one and wait until next year. I didn't miss anything getting shut out.

Stagedoorjohnny

I won 3 GA and 1 SA. I was quite happy with what I got except I bought a fugly copy of Jungle #27 (what was I thinking)....I did get the book I wanted which was the SA B&B #42 Mohawk Valley (I still think it is more 8.0 - 8.5 than a 9.0).

What was interesting to me was that the reserves on the GA HG were really out there. As posted in a previous thread I predicted (not rocket science) that the Thrilling #62 9.4 would not be sold because its' reserve was so high....well...it is up for sale at a mere $920-. 893whatthe.gif

The one disappointing thing for me was that I did not win any of the GA proof covers. They all went for much more than I thought they would...the Blue Bolt went for over $200 and the Weird Jungle Tales #202 went for $360- 893whatthe.gif. Seems like a very healthy return on a niche collecting area.

I'm real confused too, i didn't think i won anything as of yesterday, but today it looks like i did win one book. i wish they made their site easier to understand.

Did anyone get an invoice?

Unless it's blue or red. It doesn't mean anything yet. My bid changed to red just yesterday somehow. Just figure that you've won, if they're still green. That way you can figure out how much you're spending at MOST.

Brian