• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Choose This Superman 2 7.0 Univ or a Hulk 181 9.6 W?

34 posts in this topic

How much would you pay for it? sumo.gif

I think its true, non-speculator-induced value is between $1200 and $1500 dollars.

When any Bronze book start going over $1500, regardless of condition, it shows a distinct lack of "comic book market" knowledge, and a willingness to burn money.

How much would you pay for it? sumo.gif

I think its true, non-speculator-induced value is between $1200 and $1500 dollars.

When any Bronze book start going over $1500, regardless of condition, it shows a distinct lack of "comic book market" knowledge, and a willingness to burn money.

Do you really believe there are that many speculators in the comic market after what happened in the mid-90s? I don't. I think prices are about right on KEY bronze age comics and that Hulk #181 9.6 with white pages and 10 QP is a $4,500-$5,500 book.

What was the total paid on ebay for the last Hulk 181 9.6 with white pages?

Last 3 9.6 Incredible Hulk #181s on eBay:

10/22/03 White Pages $4,210

11/18/03 White Pages (Heritage Live Auction) $5,200

11/28/03 Off-White to White $4,250

smile.gif

PS: For me its no contest. I'd take the Superman #2! thumbsup2.gif

Do you really believe there are that many speculators in the comic market after what happened in the mid-90s?

Of course there are, otherwise we would never see the prices we do. You seem to think 100% of people are buying Hulk 181 CGC 9.6 copies because they collect it with no thought to future value, investment or speculation?

There are three camps: Collectors, $$$-Driven BSD Collectors and Speculators/Investors/Flippers.

When the third one leaves, prices will come down.

Do you really believe there are that many speculators in the comic market after what happened in the mid-90s?

Of course there are, otherwise we would never see the prices we do. You seem to think 100% of people are buying Hulk 181 CGC 9.6 copies because they collect it with no thought to future value, investment or speculation?

There are three camps: Collectors, $$$-Driven BSD Collectors and Speculators/Investors/Flippers.

When the third one leaves, prices will come down.

I think for the most part the speculators are also comic collectors, which is a good thing in my opinion. Meaning their interest goes beyond just flipping a book in the short term to make a profit (excluding people flipping current modern age books for a quick profit like Ultimate Spider-man, X-men etc...). I think making money by flipping books takes too much research to make it worth while, so savy investors wouldn't really bother with comics unless of course they also love collecting them. Otherwise, why waste your time? I really don't think there are too many people who are strictly speculators (meaning they don't read or collect comics) in the comic market because there are much better investments for speculators outside the comic industry.

[i really don't think there are too many people who are strictly speculators (meaning they don't read or collect comics) in the comic market because there are much better investments for speculators outside the comic industry.

Replace "Comics" with "Beanie Babies" or "Sportscards" or "Coins", and it still makes sense to those with brains, but it doesn't mean your statement is correct.

Never overestimate the general population.