• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigfiver's thread of Bronze Age DC fabulousness

163 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Got some nice books coming up over the next week, so please keep checking back on the thread.

First of all..... THERE WILL BE NO WAR COMICS! But there will some nice hero books, some horror, and some of the oddball esoteric titles that made DC so interesting during the 70s. (I started buying stuff like this back in the summer, but I've decided to upgrade some war books instead of pursuing a large non-war DC collection.)

Anyway, at-cost shipping to anywhere in the world, and :takeit: is king. Probably a dozen or so books tonight, and more tomorrow, etc....

Enjoy!

Shep

First up...

Detective Comics 430 - NM, offwhite/white pages. Great copy. $15.00

tec430.jpg

Thanks boys... with the Canadian dollar falling off the cliff these days, I did consider a massive DC war clear out. It would be like getting a 25% premium!

However I came to my senses. Still... if it goes under 70 cents, I might reconsider!

Back to it... here are some sweet- Supes.

Superman 236 – NM- Really nice copy, and that is just a RIDICULOUS Adams cover. White pages. $27.00

supe236a.jpg

Superman 242 F/VF white/offwhite pages. This book has a small tear at the top of the spine, some spider creaing at the upper corner of the spine on the back cover, and a small 3/16” tear in the ‘S’ of ‘adventures’ on the top edge.. I’m being super tough on it, because otherwise, it’s a pretty copy. And that is a CLASSIC adams cover. $5.00

supe242.jpg

Superman 242 F/VF white/offwhite pages. This book has a small tear at the top of the spine, some spider creaing at the upper corner of the spine on the back cover, and a small 3/16” tear in the ‘S’ of ‘adventures’ on the top edge.. I’m being super tough on it, because otherwise, it’s a pretty copy. And that is a CLASSIC adams cover. $5.00

supe242.jpg

:takeit:

Superman 277 NM/NM+ Another super sharp copy. There is a small, extremely light stain/discolor on the back cover – looks like offset from another book. Otherwie, this copy is pretty cherry, and that is a great Cardy cover. $11.00

supe277.jpg

Superman 307 VF offwhite pages. Classic Kandor cover by Neal Adams. Book is super nice, but there is a small tear at the bottom of the upper staple and a 'hanging chad' bindery corner on the back cover. Still..sweet book for a mere $6.00

supe307.jpg

Hopefully another Bat book will juice up this thread.

Tec 395.... 7.0/7.5 cream to offwhite pages. Okay, not uber HG, but a nice flat copy, and it's an Adams tour-de-force - one of the greatest Bat stories of all time... $10.00

That's all for tonight... tune in tomorrow for sweet, sweet Actions, and maybe some Tarzans.

tec396.jpg