• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction........ F.F. #5 CGC

9 posts in this topic

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The pages are off-white but it looks as though the cover has creaming/tanning around the perimeter.

I hate that... sign-rantpost.gif

It's like bad foxing. frown.gif

I'm debating whether or not I should bid on it for the reasons that Aces mentioned. I will say though that Heritage's scans can be misleading in a good way -- I bought a FF 18 from them that seemed to have edge tanning acording to the scan but when I got the book, it didn't have any. However, it seems a lot more prevelant (sp?) with this issue.

WOW $1,150.00...... book is starting to come alive more and more....

I sold a CGC 6.0 copy with Off-White pages to Silveracre for $950 last month (he BINed it off of eBay), so yes, the book is certainly heating up.

However, I forgot to bid on the Annual # 2 (Doom Origin) that sold on Heritage last Sunday. It was a perfectly square CGC 9.2, that brought a little over $600 with juice; a ridiculously cheap sum. I was tracking the auction, but was distracted by some TV show or another, and was caught snoozing. Dang it! 893frustrated.gif

Luckily, I already have a very nice one in comparable grade. wink.gif