• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,897 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, MAR1979 said:

Picked this up raw years ago for $5, just received it back from CGC :) - Not pressed

Classic Cover by Perez+Austin!  Outstanding Byrne interiors embellished by inking legend Gene Day. Not many books in the history of the Comics Industry before or since from cover to cover  that looked so beautiful.  Apologies for getting so choked up, but the saying they don't make them like that anymore applies to Avengers 181

Avengers_181_Slab2.thumb.jpg.bcd1723bc10616d7480254632ed6dfce.jpg

This book is an amazing book I have one and I think if you’re a fan of the avengers you have to own a copy it’s such a brilliant book

On 11/9/2021 at 9:11 PM, MAR1979 said:

Fresh back from CGC yesterday. A $2 local con raw purchase from 1995. Picked up 5 High Grade Panthers that day for a ten spot. The dealer was one of the most friendly, honest and genuine I've ever met. Dealt with him at local shows for several years.  Rino sure hope you are still with us man and are doing well.

Odd that the month of the book not displayed in the trade dress above the corner box.

95101905_BlackPanther_9.thumb.jpg.129789fefd22d2dcbf8b9af548bb6ab8.jpg

Wow! Impressive,  I wish the best for the other copies as well! Did you send in only this one?

I i have half the kirby's, still hope to fill out the rest maybe.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow! Impressive,  I wish the best for the other copies as well! Did you send in only this one?

I i have half the kirby's, still hope to fill out the rest maybe.

#'s 4,5,9,14,15 were the 5 for $10. I've kept records of all my back issue purchases since 1990, starting on paper, then Lotus 123 in 1992, then Excel in 1994. My current xlxs is descendant of that original 123 sheet ported to Excel in 1994 :) 

I sent #15 to CGC 18 years ago it received (a deserved) 9.6 and at the time there were none higher. A few years later I found a CGC 9.8. I then traded the 9.6 #15.  I am thinking of submitting 2 of the remaining 3 from that day.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, ThothAmon said:

You got one!  Congratulations. 

yes lol I over paid for it haha, like almost way over, $393 all in and shipped from Dave and Adams.

But finding one priced cheaper or more reasonable, is proving more and more difficult (thumbsu 

On 11/11/2021 at 8:16 AM, Morganmi said:

Nice score! My LCS is sending one of these in that I have first dibs on when it gets back. Can't wait. (thumbsu

Hopefully they do it up right with you on pricing :tink: