• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,895 posts in this topic

Very, very happy with my latest batch just back from Sarasota:

You should be. Those books are breathtaking. Most of them I have never seen above 7.5-8.0. Do you have any high grade #1s that you are looking to move? :devil:

You should be. Those books are breathtaking. Most of them I have never seen above 7.5-8.0. Do you have any high grade #1s that you are looking to move? :devil:

Unfortunately I haven't found them yet, but I am working on it. Heck, I'm still not sure what I want to do with these books. I suspect it could be an effort in futility to try and complete a 9.6/9.8 run of any of these books much less the Li'l Kids run. And if I should choose to sell them...I mean where do I even come up with a price point? There is no GPA and no others on the census.

I do have my undercopy of PtLP #2 @ CGC 9.2 that I will be getting rid of at some point in the future.

Unfortunately I haven't found them yet, but I am working on it. Heck, I'm still not sure what I want to do with these books. I suspect it could be an effort in futility to try and complete a 9.6/9.8 run of any of these books much less the Li'l Kids run. And if I should choose to sell them...I mean where do I even come up with a price point? There is no GPA and no others on the census.

I do have my undercopy of PtLP #2 @ CGC 9.2 that I will be getting rid of at some point in the future.

In my opinion, you should put these in one of the C-Link focused auctions or some other auction format and let the market decide what the value is. They are amazing and it wouldn't surprise me if there are folks out there waiting for high grade copies to try and put together the best set possible. Keep me in mind if you track down 9.4+ copies of Homer #1 or Li'l Kids #1!

In my opinion, you should put these in one of the C-Link focused auctions or some other auction format and let the market decide what the value is. They are amazing and it wouldn't surprise me if there are folks out there waiting for high grade copies to try and put together the best set possible. Keep me in mind if you track down 9.4+ copies of Homer #1 or Li'l Kids #1!

I agree. Those books would be insane on a CLink auction.

I'm in awe, man. You don't see those books in that grade. Ever.

(worship)

although not new to my collection, they are now Ewert free!!!!! Just back from Harshen at CGC. 3 of 4 were clean. I lost one to Ewert, unfortunately.

Superboy166CGC96lr.jpg

Jimmy136CGC98lr.jpg

AllStarWestern4CGC96lr.jpg

Great Adam's books in grade...sorry to hear about that Ewert..sucks.....trimmed? which book?

although not new to my collection, they are now Ewert free!!!!! Just back from Harshen at CGC. 3 of 4 were clean. I lost one to Ewert, unfortunately.

Great Adam's books in grade...sorry to hear about that Ewert..sucks.....trimmed? which book?

All Star Western 5 was trimmed by Ewert or a lackey of his..

Here it is before CGC put it in the Ewert collection

AllStarWestern5CGC98OW-WPlr.jpg

Ouch!

Ouch!

I am more fortunate than some of those that had very expensive books turn to junk thanks to Ewert.

Ouch!

I am more fortunate than some of those that had very expensive books turn to junk thanks to Ewert.

Sorry to hear about that...I'm about to send in two of mine for that fateful trip... :o

Ouch!

Sorry to hear about that...I'm about to send in two of mine for that fateful trip... :o

Thanks to you and some other boardies, I was able to discover my suspect books and at least get 3 verified as clear. :golfclap: