• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice copies of Action Comics sale on comiclink.com

29 posts in this topic

So, how come there's a MH Action #25 9.6 for sale in the Heritage Auction?

http://www.heritagecomics.com/auctions/viewlot.asp?sid=8E768030DC7D4314A117EAD9486B858E&s=805&l=5928

There can't possibly be two of these things. How come they can sell in two different places? What if I win it (yeah right) through Heritage but someone tries to by it through ComicLink?

Obviously it's the same story with the Superboy #1 9.2 that Heritage and ComicLink have up for sale. Only one is listed in the census. And I thought that TWO copies of that book at that grade was kind of outside the realm of possibility, especially both coming up at the same time.

Darth, What makes you say this (one and the same or a subsidiary/satellite of Heritage)? Are you guessing (as this could simply be the case of a consignor listing his book with link who just submitted it to Heritage for Auction) or do you have good reason to believe this. You could have just found for me the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle whose absence prevented me from completing a very involved picture.

I am under the impression alone, that Josh Nathanson (?) and John Petty(?) and Greg Manning Auctions, who run in the same circles of big money clientele for collectibles, took their independent operations and formed a huge conglomerate now known as Heritage.com. Thus they can operate their initial ventures separate from the mother company but can get wider advertising benefits through simultaneous listing on the mother site and the offshoot company.

I'm not verbose enough regarding this.

Maybe this will illustrate my point better. Ricky and I sell CGC books. I do Ultimate SpiderMan, he does GI Joes. I allow Ricky to advertise his GI Joe higrade book on my site as mine because I gain the audience interested in primarily Joe Comics. He obvoiusly lists it also on his own site. I use Ricky's site to post my USM 1 high grade, therefore attracting USM collectors to his site. While I post up on my site as well as USMs are the expected ware of choice on my site.

We get double exposure and possibly a cut if we sell the others goods. If someone buys the same item simultaneously from both sites, then we are screwed? Or we can claim that we both belong to a mother site: Ultimate Joes.com and sell only thru that venue. We basically get to pick and choose who we want to sell it to for what price.

This is a dreamworld company and I believe that with rickdogg and I at the helm of this Minnow, it'll be an ill fated 3 hour tour.... tongue.gif

Maybe I just don't understand what the exact arrangements are, but I believe there must be a connection for both sites to promote the same exact item at the same time.

That's an interesting conspiracy theory, and I'm not saying it isn't right, but you have to remember that the majority of comics sold via ComicLink are on consignment--hence the name Comic-LINK. Josh is "linking" buyers together, and he doesn't require that you list your comics exclusively on his web site.

The owner of the Action 25 is probably listing his book in as many places as he can to increase the odds that the very small number of people who would pay the huge dollars he wants for it actually get a chance to see it. You can do the same thing yourself--list your comics on ComicLink, E-Bay, or anywhere else simultaneously. For low-dollar items, usually one place is enough, but it makes sense to do that for higher-dollar items.

Josh is "linking" buyers together, and he doesn't require that you list your comics exclusively on his web site.

He might not require exclusivity, but I would think that Heritage would, because if it sold through comic-link, wouldn't they be out thier Buyers ScrewingPremium?

I think I'd rather pay 11x guide for a 60 year old NM+ copy of Action #25 with white pages from the Mile High Collection rather than pay 35x guide for a 29 year old NM/MT copy of Spider-Man #124 with white pages.

About the Action Comics 1 Mile High Copy- I believe it's Bechara Of Nostolgic Investments has that copy,he was telling my brother,.it might have been the Mile High Superman #1 it was 1 of the 2 but he said it will most likey grade out an 8.0 or so,he hasn't graded it yet anyway,it's in a safe deposit box that i know for sure,just in case you were wondering. Kevin