• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice copies of Action Comics sale on comiclink.com

29 posts in this topic

CBG reported Bechara paid off the Mile High Supe 1 in 1996. Time pymts totalling approx. $180-186k were made to Red Beard. Back then (pre-eBay) Red Beard faxed a list out to the elite collectors once a yr containing choice comics or orig art that he would pull out of his personal stash. His sales list was good for 1 week, but most items were sold out in 3 days flat.

Whoa, there is a picture of that Zip Comics 7 in back of Overstreet #31. Here's a scan of it; sorry about the image quality, this happens every time I scan a magazine:

Wow, how ugly, I'm sure that'd be a 9.0 had it been a modern comic. shocked.giftongue.gif

it's the superman 1. Someone around here said it had already been graded and is the VF 8.0 in the census.

http://www.cgccomics.com/poplookup/grades_standard.asp?title=Superman++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++&publisher=D%2EC%2E+Comics++++++++++++++&issue=1++++++&year=1939

As I said elsewhere, it's a beautiful book. I haven't seen that many superman 1s in my time, so each of them make an impression, but that one really made an impression. It looks more like a VF/NM, but apparently there are internal flaws that dropped the book down a grade.

I've dealt with Red Beard on a number of occasions since the early 90s... He did mention something about his personal stash being available on a limited basis. I check his website and see him at conventions all the time... He doesn't seem to have very good stuff anymore... Am I wrong? Does he still have the stash hidden away?