• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF YOU WERE VISITING AMERICA ALL THE WAY FROM OZ...............

47 posts in this topic

I like it when people talk about the pros and cons of a certain con based on what they have heard and not actually attending the convention.

They must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Why don't you bite me. I told him it's what I've heard about SD.

I'll buy JC a plane ticket to your front door if you don't shut it.

Woooo....I'm afraid. Must be expecting some extra $$ after flipping a book you bought off the forums recently. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so generous with your money. :roflmao:

Actually I made way more on books I didn't buy from the forums, but I'm always generous...not just now. That still doesn't explain why you're being a tool.

(shrug)

The truth hurts doesn't it. Just spoke the facts. Not my fault you were able to recognized that it applied to you personally. :banana:

If you're going to be traveling all the way from overseas and this is the first US con you've ever been to, in my mind there is no question that it's got to be SD. It's more than just a con, it's a cultural experience. To say otherwise would be like recommending a foreign visitor to go to 6 Flags instead of Disneyworld.

For the more jaded, regular con-goers, particularly those who live in the US, then other cons might make more sense.

Tim is right as usual. (worship)

:acclaim:

I like it when people talk about the pros and cons of a certain con based on what they have heard and not actually attending the convention.

Woooo....I'm afraid. Must be expecting some extra $$ after flipping a book you bought off the forums recently. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so generous with your money. :roflmao:

Actually I made way more on books I didn't buy from the forums, but I'm always generous...not just now. That still doesn't explain why you're being a tool.

(shrug)

The truth hurts doesn't it. Just spoke the facts. Not my fault you were able to recognized that it applied to you personally. :banana:

Dude, the truth never hurts me. I still don't know why you're being a tool.

I make money off of comics. Yes.

I admitted in my first post I've never been to SD. Yes.

Of course your post applied to me...you directed it at me.

Are you feeling ok?

Why are you being a tool?

R.

If you're on a budget then it's not SD.

Dude, if you're flying all the way from Australia to come to a con, budget is probably not a major issue.

Hey, I don't know him from boo but if I was flying to SD or Australia for any reason (and I plan to do both) I'd be on a budget.

I was just given him info...it's up to him to choose.

(shrug)

(shrug)

Are you feeling ok?

R.

Sensitive today, eh? Did you determine that your gains will bring you up to the next tax bracket? You do report your gains, don't you? I would suggest you go over to the GA forum and impart your brand new intelligence over there. Later, I've had enough fun with you, sucker. :roflmao:

(shrug)

Are you feeling ok?

R.

Sensitive today, eh? Did you determine that your gains will bring you up to the next tax bracket? You do report your gains, don't you? I would suggest you go over to the GA forum and impart your brand new intelligence over there. Later, I've had enough fun with you, sucker. :roflmao:

Dude, you're not even making english sense, let alone greggy sense. I really don't know what you're getting at.

:screwy:

Yeah I am a bit sensitive. Been working long hours and not sleeping much. I should feel bad for offering an opinion cause I don't roll into SD the way you do.

meh

Nite all. greggy's got it all covered.

Dude, if you're flying all the way from Australia to come to a con, budget is probably not a major issue.

Hey, I don't know him from boo but if I was flying to SD or Australia for any reason (and I plan to do both) I'd be on a budget.

(shrug)

I`m just saying if you`re paying that much for airfare and taking that much time out of your schedule, then suddenly being unwilling to spend the extra few hundred bucks for SD compared to another con seems to be a case of penny wise and pound foolish. Like I said, it`d be like going to Orlando for the first time and then deciding to go to Universal Studios rather than Disneyworld because Universal Studios is a hundred bucks cheaper.

By the way, there are lots of cheap hotel deals in SD, even at the time of the con, unless you want to stay in one of the hotels within walking distance of the convention center. But if you`re willing to drive, or better yet to stay near one of the outlying train stations and then commute in, SD has lots of budget options. Probably more so this year as tourism at the major SD family destinations (Seaworld, SD Zoo, etc.) will probably be lighter.

If you're going to be traveling all the way from overseas and this is the first US con you've ever been to, in my mind there is no question that it's got to be SD. It's more than just a con, it's a cultural experience. To say otherwise would be like recommending a foreign visitor to go to 6 Flags instead of Disneyworld.

For the more jaded, regular con-goers, particularly those who live in the US, then other cons might make more sense.

Thanks Tim and Greggy, will make it a point to visit SD next year. :hi:

What happened to Roy? :popcorn:

I'm here, why? I just got a little peeved at greggy....long nite with short nerves for me.

Apologies for the side track.

:foryou:

(shrug)

I`m just saying if you`re paying that much for airfare and taking that much time out of your schedule, then suddenly being unwilling to spend the extra few hundred bucks for SD compared to another con seems to be a case of penny wise and pound foolish. Like I said, it`d be like going to Orlando for the first time and then deciding to go to Universal Studios rather than Disneyworld because Universal Studios is a hundred bucks cheaper.

By the way, there are lots of cheap hotel deals in SD, even at the time of the con, unless you want to stay in one of the hotels within walking distance of the convention center. But if you`re willing to drive, or better yet to stay near one of the outlying train stations and then commute in, SD has lots of budget options. Probably more so this year as tourism at the major SD family destinations (Seaworld, SD Zoo, etc.) will probably be lighter.

...and you bring up a good point. From what I hear travelling is super cheap right now. Some of Louise's friends flew to Vegas for a long weekend and paid something dirt cheap like $500 all inclusive!

I'd probably want to be close to the action so for me staying further from the con would not really be an option.

What sort of prices are we talking about in SD and how far from the con to achieve those prices?

R.