• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone recognize this scan?

13 posts in this topic

Something seems not right about this auction. I looke in the census, and this is the highest graded copy (7.5). Theres a little pencil 'd' on th ecover - - isnt this a pedigree book? And as the Highest graded copy, why arent we seeing the whole slab?

...or am I too suspicious? Action 23

Another thing to note about this auction is it's the only auction currently going on by this seller, and he's only had feedback on purchases (no sales) in the past 2+ years, which means this sale is very unusual for him to say the least. Perhaps a hijacked account. One definite word of advice to ebay sellers out there - keep your ebay and Paypal passwords completely different - I think a lot of people out there use the same or very close to it for both. If someone gets ahold of both passwords, you could really get screwed...

I think the reason he wants bidders to register for the auction is that, if you e-mail him, he'll be able to get your EBay password out of your computer. If he doesn't make money from this auction, at least he can hijack your computer for future use.

893whatthe.gif oh [!@#%^&^]

Eric

I think the reason he wants bidders to register for the auction is that, if you e-mail him, he'll be able to get your EBay password out of your computer. If he doesn't make money from this auction, at least he can hijack your computer for future use.

893whatthe.gif oh [!@#%^&^]

Eric

Tell me about it. It appears both the Action #23 and this Flash here are hijacked accounts - the pic on this auction below still has the "Comic Link" on the pic, which makes it obvious the pic is stolen, and it's not an original scan of the book by the "seller".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68&item=2207072227

Either these hijacked accounts are a recent development, or I haven't read or heard about this before, because this is new to me. Now you've gotta wonder if a good deal on a key book from a seller with great feedback is a hijacked account or not!! This is getting pretty bad...