• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB'S MOSTLY 10 CENT COVER PRICE SALE

9 posts in this topic

OK, I tried these at the VCC, but never got around to putting up pictures. Now I have pictures. Granted, taken with my camera, so not so great (I hate my scanner right now), but most of these are lower grade anyway. Some of the bags still have some residue from price stickers that I took off, so if you see anything in the pictures, it's on the bag, not the comic.

If anything is of interest, give me an "I'll take it" (I can't get that icon up for me). Shipping is $5 for priority mail in the U.S. and whatever cost rounded up to the next dollar is for international global priority. I have another stack of 10 centers I'll be adding to this thread if I see some action and if things are going good I'll be adding more stuff beyond. Any questions, just PM me.

SOLD! Brave and the Bold 24

SOLD Wonder Woman 103. SOLD! Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane 20.

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen 55. Aquaman story. And a Jimmy Olsen meets THOR story that pre-dates Marvel’s Thor by a couple of years. Dude is flying around with a big hammer. I have no idea why OPG doesn’t not this. Not such bad condition other than the cover being detached. Minor detail I say! 2007 OPG is $10 in Good. Honestly, the Thor story makes me want to keep this, but I will part with it for .... My price: $5.

jimmy55.jpg

Fox and the Crow 26. Mangled copy, but somehow the cover is still attached! 2007 OPG is $14 in Good. My price: $7.

fox26.jpg

O.K., now I’m going to go with a nice run of 10 cent cover price Blackhawks and a couple of early 12 centers. All of them add up to $71 and if you buy them all I can do $60.

Blackhawk 76 (1954). One of those hard to find pre-DC issues. Spine is mostly split and detached. Rips, creases, the whole shebang. Depiction of Chop Chop in one of the stories is so incredibly racist it’s embarrassing. Later on, DC downed that down a lot. 2007 OPG Good is $26. Obviously this isn’t Good...My price: $8.

blackhawk76.jpg

Blackhawk 125. Not so bad other than a 1 1/2 inch book length rip right around the word balloon that says “super-powers” and some weird red oval stains on the back that seeped in a couple of pages. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some other stuff wrong with it too! Strictly a reader copy! 2007 OPG Good is $12. My price: $6.

blackhawk125.jpg

Blackhawk 130. Probably exposed to moisture at some point, the cover has that uneven feel to it, but no mold or anything like that. Generalized wear. Might be better than “Good”, tough call. 2007 OPG Good is $12. My price: $8.

blackhawk130.jpg

Blackhawk 139. Triangle out of bottom left corner. 2 interior coupons clipped that do not impact story. Cool Mickey Mantle (and Bob Cousy, Yogi Berra, Joe Louis and others) advertisement. 2007 OPG Good is $11. My price: $5.

blackhawk139.jpg

Blackhawk 151. Some light water stains, mostly on BC. 3 inch spine split, cover detached. Cool Mickey Mantle (and Bob Cousy, Yogi Berra, Joe Louis and others) advertisement. 2007 OPG Good is $9. My price: $4

blackhawk151.jpg

Blackhawk 161. A couple of small water stains. Some spine splitting on top and bottom. Hey, the cover has some nice color at least. This is probably a little better than Good, depending on who you ask. OPG Good is $8. My price: $6.

blackhawk161.jpg

Blackhawk 163. Not a bad copy...a little bit of a spine split on top, some general wear and a couple of innocuous pencil scribbles. Better than Good, heck maybe G/VG on a good day. OPG Good is $8. My price: $7.

blackhawk163.jpg

Blackhawk 166. The last 10 center is the best of them. VG/VG+, somewhere around there. 2007 OPG is $16 in VG. My price: $12.

blackhawk166.jpg

Blackhawk 167. The first 12 center. VG+, somewhere around there. 2007 OPG is $12 in VG. My price: $9.

blackhawk167.jpg

Blackhawk 174. Unpictured low grade reader. FREE to the first person who buys TWO comics from me (unless someone else buys the Blackhawk lot...I’ll figure out a suitable low grade substitute for you then)

Blackhawk 182. VG+ to VG/Fine. 2007 OPG is $10 on VG. My price: $7.

blackhawk182.jpg

All of them add up to $71 and if you buy them all I can do $60.

SOLD Harvey Hits 1 featuring The Phantom.

SOLD! Harvey Hits 36.

SOLD Date With Judy 47.

SOLD Life With Millie 9.

SOLD Patsy Walker 94.

SOLD The Adventures of Bob Hope 43. SOLD The Adventures of Bob Hope 65. SOLD The Adventures of Bob Hope 70.

SOLD The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 38. SOLD The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 55.

SOLD The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 60.

SOLD The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 75.

[

OK, more 10 centers tomorrow!

If anything is of interest, give me an "I'll take it" (I can't get that icon up for me). Shipping is $5 for priority mail in the U.S. and whatever cost rounded up to the next dollar is for international global priority. I have another stack of 10 centers I'll be adding to this thread if I see some action and if things are going good I'll be adding more stuff beyond. Any questions, just PM me.

Brave and the Bold 24 featuring Kubert’s Viking Prince. Last Viking Prince, 2d solo story of character. 2007 OPG is $36 in Good. This is a little less than Good, but still a solid intact reader copy. Lots of wear, piece out of each corner and a little bit of added art (see blue beard drawn on the Prince) on the cover and some similar additions on the inside. Young Mr. Marcy was also kind enough to fill out the coupon on the back cover, but didn’t cut it out. Herm2pipes (Steve Sibra) had a similar reader copy up (but with a clipped coupon on the back) that just went for just over $19. My price: $14.

brave24.jpg

:takeit:

Wonder Woman 103. You don’t see these 10 cent cover price WWs come up that often, particularly circa 1959 or so. 2007 OPG is $25 in Good. Obviously this mangled copy is well under Good, with rips galore and a spine split that covers the whole spine except for the bottom staple where the cover is barely hanging on. I do not guarantee that the cover will stay on in the mail and you should purchase this assuming it won’t. My price: $8

wonder103.jpg

Superman’s Girl Friend Lois Lane 20. A somewhat early Supergirl story. Triangle out of bottom corner, some creasing, blunted spine corners, cover detached, coupon clipped out of back cover. Yes, another high grade gem! 2007 OPG is $18 in Good. This is less than Good. My price: $8.

lois20.jpg

Harvey Hits 1 featuring The Phantom. Obviously a mangled copy...cover detached, etc. Features funny spoof of Sheenah the Jungle Girl. 2007 OPG is $28 in Good. This is less than Good, of course. My price: $11.

harveyhits1.jpg

Harvey Hits 36. Not a terrible copy other than the chips out of the cop and bottom LC and a couple of scribbles on the cover. A little better than Good. 2007 OPG is $12 in Good. My price: $8.

harveyhits36.jpg

Take these two Harvey Phantom’s for $15 if you’re the first to grab them (total is $19 otherwise)!

Date With Judy 47. Wear and damage on spine, but not a bad copy...G/VG. 2007 OPG in G/VG is $10.50. My price: $6.

judy47.jpg

Life With Millie 9. Chunk out of front and other problems. 2007 OPG is $6 in Good. My price: $4.

millielife9.jpg

Patsy Walker 94. 2007 OPG is $6 in G/VG, which seems pretty cheap for a Marvel 10 center My price: $4.

patsy94.jpg

Take all 4 of these “chick” comics for $11 (total is $14 otherwise).

The Adventures of Bob Hope 43. I always found this title, which ran for 105 issues, sort of odd. Why would DC think that kids would be interested in the adventures of a senior citizen comedian? But there it was, running for 18 years! This is not a bad copy at all – these don’t show up in high grade all that much - sure, it’s a bit rough on the spine and there’s a big cover crease that probably doesn’t show up in the scan. And, well, little Johny decided to take a magic marker to Bob and his cavelady... OPG 2007 is $10 in Good. My price: $5.

bob43.jpg

The Adventures of Bob Hope 65. Some nice water damage on the cover, but not stinky or anything. It probably happened before most of us were born. Bob gets captured by giant buxom amazons and then escapes only to be found by a tribe of Manute Bols portrayed in an incredibly racist way. Hey, good clean 1950's fun! OPG 2007 has this classic at $8 in Good. My price: $4.

bob65.jpg

The Adventures of Bob Hope 70. There’s some faint penciling on the cover, some creases, etc. Cover became attached, but prior owner was kind enough to restaple. Repeating the theme of being trapped somewhere with tons of gorgeous gals, Bob is now on another planet facing these same challenges! OPG has this classic at $8 in Good. My price: $4.

bob70.jpg

Buy all 3 Bob Hope’s for $11 (total is $13 otherwise).

The Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 38. Some spine roll, some chips, some creases, a couple of small stains on the inside, no big deal. Mickey Mantle ad on the back. OPG has this at $13 in Good. My price: $8.

jerry38.jpg

The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 55. Front cover pretty decent, faint stain near girl’s foot, back cover has a couple of chips out. Not a bad copy. OPG has this at $8 in Good, this is more like a Good+ pushing to G/VG. My price: $6.

jerry55.jpg

The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 60. Nice VG+, mainly just very small splitting at the corners of the spine and a little bit of wear. OPG has this at $16 in VG. My price: $11

jerry60.jpg

The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 75. Another VG+. Mainly there’s some scuffing on the cover, actually in pretty good shape otherwise. OPG has this at $12 in VG. My price: $8.

jerry75.jpg

The total on these Jerry Lewis’s is $33...I can do the lot of 4 for $28.

OK, last night i had to help my wife study for her advanced genetics final (how come her getting a phd is so much work for ME?)..no time/energy for comics. Before I do the next batch, how about what's left (the Jimmy, the Fox&Crow and the Blackhawks) for $60? (Individually they'd be $83)

Archie 120. (10 center) Lots of wear on spine, some old moisture stains along spine, big crease by the CCA box, back has some notations, creases, etc. 2007 OPG is $7.50 in G/VG. My price: $5.

archie120.jpg

Pep 149. (10 center) Bottom staple popped and slightly oxidized. 3 inch spine split, but top staple is still attached. A little bit of staining along bottom right edge, but other than the spine/staple issues, a good looking copy with nice pages, etc. Katy Keene pin-up. 2007 OPG is $5 in G+. My price: $4.

pep149.jpg

Pep 168. 1964 (early 12 center) Some wear along the spine and top. The back is a bit dinged, nothing major though. About a VG+. Features a short Jaguar story (one of the Archie super hero types) and a very early Josie (later Josie & The Pussycats) story done by Dan DeCarlo. 2007 OPG is $9 in VG+. Pretty cheap considering it’s not only an Archie book, but also has the Jaguar and DeCarlo’s Josie... My price: $7.

pep168.jpg

I can do all three of these Archie comics ($16 total) for $13 as a group.

Now for some movie/TV themed Dells:

Rin Tin Tin & Rusty 23 (1958). Small chips out of bottom right corner, other corners rounded/worn. Spine wear. Wear on back. About a VG-. 2007 OPG is $10.50 in VG-. My price: $5.

rin23.jpg

Spin and Marty 7 (1958). Basically some moderate spine wear is the main problem on this book. Small notation on back top right as well. 2007 OPG has this at $22.50 in VG/Fine. My price: $10.

spin7.jpg

Gene Autry Comics 77 (1953). Some spine wear, spider creases, corner creases. Some stains on sides of first few interior pages, scuffed up back. Most likely this is the first time Mr. Autry is pictured attempting to feed a baby animal a bottle of milk on the cover of this comic. 2007 OPG has this at $16 in VG. My price: $8.

gene77.jpg

Gene Autry Comics 94 (1954). Some spine wear, small corner crease. Main problem is some oxidation on the staples, otherwise pretty darn nice for a 54 year old comic. My guess is that this is the Christmas cover. 2007 OPG is $12. My price: $6.

gene94.jpg

Gabby Hayes Western 48. Generalized wear all over cover and some sort of stain on the inside of the front cover (which doesn’t seem to bleed out to the front of the front cover). 2007 OPG has this at $10 in Good and $15 in G/VG. The comic is structurally in pretty good shape, just a lot of wear on the cover, so I’m leaning toward G+ or so. My price: $6.

gabby48.jpg

Tarzan 77 (1956). Painted cover. Some spine wear and some small stray pen marks on interior pages as well as some dog eared internal pages that I don’t feel like unfolding and potentially breaking. Some sort of discoloration on part of interior of back cover. 2007 OPG is $14 in VG. My price: $7.

tarzan77.jpg

Tarzan 84. Photo cover. Some spine wear, little bit of roll and some small stray pen marks on interior pages (a colored in beard, etc.) as well as some dog eared internal pages that I don’t feel like unfolding and potentially breaking. Internal coupon filled out by original owner, but not clipped. Some sort of discoloration on part of interior of front cover. 2007 OPG is $12 in VG. My price: $6.

tarzan84.jpg

Take all of these movie/TV themed Dells (total of $48) for $42.

SOLD! Donald Duck 54 (1957). “Forbidden Valley” by Barks (26 pages).

Uncle Scrooge 18 (1957). Lots of wear along the spine, chips out of all corners, creases, a couple of torn (an inch or so) internal pages. OPG says this has Barks work, not sure if he did more than the cover though. 2007 OPG is $16 in Good, this is somewhere around G/G+. My price: $7 [NEW]

scrooge18.jpg

That’s it for now. If there’s some action with these additional listings I have a small stack of Four Colors I’ll be putting up.

Alrighty, I tweaked the price on the Ducks down a little bit...I'll close out this thread tonight if nothing else is going to happen. If you have proposals/offers re: buying the remaining books in this thread, feel free to PM me.

The Scrooge, Fox & Crow and Gabby are also now gone (can't edit at this late date)...

I know it's a big jumble of genres...but what they all have in common is that they're pretty darn old!

So howabout saving me some energy in putting these up on ebay and if you want everything that's left shipped to you in the U.S. for $95, I can oblige

(Foreign will be actual shipping cost minus a $5 credit)

The Scrooge, Fox & Crow and Gabby are also now gone (can't edit at this late date)...

I know it's a big jumble of genres...but what they all have in common is that they're pretty darn old!

So howabout saving me some energy in putting these up on ebay and if you want everything that's left shipped to you in the U.S. for $95, I can oblige

(Foreign will be actual shipping cost minus a $5 credit)

If the three Archie titles are still available I will take them,