• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can somebody tell me WHEN in 2004 the Great Crash is coming, please?

90 posts in this topic

the numbers on the plate is when he got officially charged and booked

Yea but which is which? I wondered that just like Bronty did...I've seen a bunch of celebrity mugshots and none of them had placards that were as detailed as this one is.

Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest! I am furiously hitting that moderator button - if you are instantly vaporized, you only have yourself to blame!

sign-funnypost.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Great Ceasar's Ghost! Supa has a picture of Comic-Keys...uh...Danny Dupchak...uh...Dr. Richard Koos...uh...Fantasia...

Good stuff Supa! thumbsup2.gif

...and it was FantaZia, too!

sheesh - -get a comics specific Spellchecker already!!

I finally figured it out! This is a trick question isn't it? Kind of like Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch.... waiting for the great pumpkin. So , Charlie Brown, the answer to your question can not be found in an exact date or place - the only important thing is that you know in your heart that it exists and is inevitably going to happen.

What about enjoy the books and get over with this pseudo-speculator behaviour?! 893frustrated.gif

Now that would do a positive thing for comics... makepoint.gif

I didn't start collecting high grade because of the price, I did it to artificially extend my collecting and give me something to look for on ebay and at shows. It's been wildly successful for me...once you find the high grade it's an adrenaline rush.

I can turn it off at any time, but I've got no reason to...it keeps me occupied and I enjoy it! The cheaper I can fill and upgrade my runs, though, the better, so I'd prefer the market to not go up too much--or at least not until I'm done with my high grade runs. blush.gif

I finally figured it out! This is a trick question isn't it? Kind of like Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch.... waiting for the great pumpkin. So , Charlie Brown, the answer to your question can not be found in an exact date or place - the only important thing is that you know in your heart that it exists and is inevitably going to happen.

27_laughing.gif Something like that, but the opposite...Linus is expectantly waiting for happiness...market crash mavens are waiting for disaster. I like Linus's mindset a lot better.

The crash stuff is getting old. But when you all panic and sell I am going to bottom feed. hi.gif

That's what they all say... and just like 1995, it'll just be greggy in his short-shorts, scouring the bins at the dealer bankruptcy sales.

X-men 266 9.9 sold for 1100+

The crash is dead done and gone. May it rest in peace.

What is bugging me is I can't even afford the comics I want to buy anymore. I am going to have to settle and buy Howard the Ducks.

X-men 266 9.9 sold for 1100+

But Joe, ludicrous prices like this are a prerequisite for a crash. How could we have a crash without ridiculous price levels to crash from? confused-smiley-013.gif If anything, seeing auction results like this should have people 893censored-thumb.gifing their pants, not cheering for more. Slow and steady wins the game, while sharp parabolic rises inevitably lead to disaster.

Remember, at the top of any market, everyone has a rosy, complacent outlook and you see ludicrous record prices like this pass as normal. The time to buy is when prices are low and people are disinterested (like 1990). We're way, way, way past that now.

Gene

people paying these prices for moderns and even common in grade older books like the 1968 Marvel 1st issues are going to lose a lot of money If you want that stuff wait it will come down , way down Slabbed modern trading cards were going for nut prices and a lot of people are still holding waiting for the prices to go back to those nutty highs. As for older scarcer material who the heck really knows seems like the pockets of the more affluent collectors are endless at least for now. Hard to get my collector fix right now. Even high grade Bronze has reached a point where I cant see paying the prices they fetch. Original art I'm past third tier artists before I can afford anything decent. Time to find the next challenging but not insanely priced field to collect. mad.gif

Time to find the next challenging but not insanely priced field to collect. mad.gif

I'm beginning to feel the same way. My comic collecting "want list" is startlingly low, and all I'm doing now is hoarding Byrne's and buying the odd issue that catches my eye.

I realized a long time ago that when any "kid's stuff" gets labelled as an "investment collectible", it's time to move on and let the saps take their licks. grin.gif

You have any ideas? I'm looking for some of my fave video games (Genesis & SNES mostly), along with some other nostalgia-based items.

Well hopefully they will start a forum or website about collecting old video games and then you can go there spread your knowledge amongst that fan base. Just imagine - you can be the first one to tell everyone that the high grade collectible video market is going to crash!! Oh the excitement. We would not want to be selfish and keep you all to ourselves.