• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can somebody tell me WHEN in 2004 the Great Crash is coming, please?

90 posts in this topic

Just imagine - you can be the first one to tell everyone that the high grade collectible video market is going to crash!! Oh the excitement. We would not want to be selfish and keep you all to ourselves.

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Just imagine - you can be the first one to tell everyone that the high grade collectible video market is going to crash!! Oh the excitement. We would not want to be selfish and keep you all to ourselves.

893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

How about this for funny?

Sealed Legend of Zelda

I use to have that game too.... 893whatthe.gif

Crash, what crash? Sealed Gold variant NES infinitely collectible. Probably a more stable market looking forward than our treasured Cgc slabs. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You fool, many of us played video games as kids (and adults), every youth demographic since the 80's has been hooked, and video games are a larger business than movies...

Now what kind of future can that mean to collectiblity, especially when confronted with our own gray-beard statistics? We're gonna live forvever right? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

does this mean my colecovision/Atari 2600 and 5200 and Intelivision should be brought out of the garage and into the house? lol I saved all that [!@#%^&^] for nostalgias sake along with my Eight Ball Deluxe pinball machine. Loved the old arcades cant stand new video games Anything I have to buy a memory stick to play is way to demanding to be a fun getaway like the old arcade games were

X-men 266 9.9 sold for 1100+

But Joe, ludicrous prices like this are a prerequisite for a crash. How could we have a crash without ridiculous price levels to crash from? confused-smiley-013.gif If anything, seeing auction results like this should have people 893censored-thumb.gifing their pants, not cheering for more. Slow and steady wins the game, while sharp parabolic rises inevitably lead to disaster.

Remember, at the top of any market, everyone has a rosy, complacent outlook and you see ludicrous record prices like this pass as normal. The time to buy is when prices are low and people are disinterested (like 1990). We're way, way, way past that now.

Gene

From what I understand, the individual who bought this book has stated that this is his all time favorite book and the $1100 he paid for it was chump change. It is THE key modern book. He does not care if the market for this book goes to zero, since he does not consider his purchase an investment. He does not agree with you that the price he paid was "ludicrous" and will be starting a ludicrous amount of posts defending his position, since he is extremely sensitive and insecure about himself. There will also be articles in Wizard and CBM showcasing his purchase. Hopefully he will post pictures of himself on these very boards and give us in-depth details about his wonderful life, including but not limited to education, job, girlfriends, plasma TVs, world travel, 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

It is THE key modern book.

Why? The first appearance of a B-level (I'm being generous) character?

I agree, and the only book worthy of that title is ASM 300.

IMO, GI Joe v1 # 21, Hulk 340, Thor 337 as well as ASM 300 all outrank Xmen 266 in vying for that coverted "THE key Modern book" title...

Tom, I guess I'm the only one who caught your sarcasm. 27_laughing.gif

Oh yeah, me too! I caught it right off the bat but figure I'd let the nitpicking critics have their way with it while we sat back and had a good chuckle... 27_laughing.gif

Tom, I guess I'm the only one who caught your sarcasm. 27_laughing.gif

Who missed the sarcasm (if you could call it that)?

Just because some people take exception with his "The Modern Key" comment (and are hijacking the thread, rather than listening to the Tom and Gene Deathmatch), doesn't mean his OBVIOUS jabs at Gene are being missed.

Yeesh!