• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can somebody tell me WHEN in 2004 the Great Crash is coming, please?

90 posts in this topic

sleeping.gif

Funny how other people who share personal details aren't getting the patented Tom Murnane Troll Treatment . Let's put Tom's recent attacks against me in perspective. Plenty of Board members have recounted visits to foreign countries. Heck, some have even started threads about them (e.g., "where should I look for comics when I'm in Italy?") I see lots of people posting pictures that contain themselves, their children (look at Darth's sig line - Darth, better stop showing off that pic of your kid or TM might accuse you of being an insecure braggart! tongue.gif) and/or their significant others. I see many people who say where they went to school, particularly in regards to college sports teams. Numerous people have recounted details about their job and what they do, even started threads about them (I certainly did not mind hearing about Joanna's recent good fortune, for example). Others have detailed as much or more information about their spending and investment habits than I have (Murph0 comes to mind). Others have revealed/shown off more of their collections than I have, even started threads on them (the recent Bonds25 tribute thread comes to mind). And yet, TM goes on and on and on, accusing me of everything under the sun. Now why is that?

Am I mortally offended when Board members share these kinds of things? Of course not! I welcome learning more about and bonding with fellow Board members. I am happy to hear interesting stories and share in their good fortune. I feel that I have made many friends on this Board and have contributed positively regarding many different topics, a lot of them unrelated to the comic market. Our friend Tom, on the other hand, seems to be known primarily for his antagonism of certain Board members and for being the Board's leading proponent of punishment bidding. Tom Murnane, folks, give it up for Tom Murnane! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gene

P.S. - BTW, I don't own a plasma TV and have never claimed to. TM, troll that he is, took comments from one post that I made (which specifically stated that I was referring to a number of people on the Board, not just myself) and decided to twist around my words about this and other things to use in attacks against me. The truth is a distinctly secondary concern to him. 893naughty-thumb.gif

... I see lots of people posting pictures that contain themselves, their children (look at Darth's sig line - Darth, better stop showing off that pic of your kid or TM might accuse you of being an insecure braggart! tongue.gif)...

Insecure Braggart,eh?

christmas22003.jpglogansfirstsnow.jpgchristmas32003.jpg

Easy now, Gene...don't make me secure the original art to Image's G.I. Joe 21, complete with Renegar Edition variant cover sumo.gifsumo.gif

... I see lots of people posting pictures that contain themselves, their children (look at Darth's sig line - Darth, better stop showing off that pic of your kid or TM might accuse you of being an insecure braggart! tongue.gif)...

Insecure Braggart,eh?

christmas22003.jpglogansfirstsnow.jpgchristmas32003.jpg

Easy now, Gene...don't make me secure the original art to Image's G.I. Joe 21, complete with Renegar Edition variant cover sumo.gifsumo.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Time to find the next challenging but not insanely priced field to collect. mad.gif

I'm beginning to feel the same way. My comic collecting "want list" is startlingly low, and all I'm doing now is hoarding Byrne's and buying the odd issue that catches my eye.

OMG! Didn't anyone tell you all Byrne issues will take a much bigger hit than any other comics when the crash comes? 893whatthe.gif

The good news is that copies of Hulk #181 in 9.4 and above condition won't be effected and will actually increase in value a hundred fold. stooges.gif

OMG! Didn't anyone tell you all Byrne issues will take a much bigger hit than any other comics when the crash comes? 893whatthe.gif

Actually, Byrne comics have been a truly horrible investment over the long-term, and I have bought CGC 9.4 X-Men issues for less than 1980's Guide - back when they were burning up the charts.

Hence, I don't buy any comics for investment purposes. 893naughty-thumb.gif