• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Chargeback

4 posts in this topic

My wife sold a cosmetic product on ebay and payapl was received 11/16, with positive feedback left by the buyer a week later.

Now (12/19), almost a month later, the buyer writes claiming the lotion "turned" / spoiled.and wants a new one or a refund. we don't have another one and find the whole "turning" claim a little suspicious given that the item is only 6 months old received from the manufacturer at a promotional event (so it's not like it was sitting in a store for 3 years). it could have turned at the buyer's home, like if it was left near a radiator or something.

my wife is a hardarse about this stuff though...but i told her they could most likely do a chargeback and $20 might not be worth a fight. can they still do that within this timeframe as an "item not as described" despite the positive ebay feedback?

Yes, Paypal will take your money no matter what, but as you already got positive feedback, let the buyer initiate things and prove his/her case.

There is no reason for you to automatically refund the money.