• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

34th Edition Overstreet - Cheap PreOrders - Guide Due April 2004

39 posts in this topic

Man, you better just pack up your stuff and move

back home. I need some help after all.

'tween Buddy, Rick, and John F., I'm getting nothing

decent for me to buy on the cheap.

Ah... Saunders, Evans, and Fairless...

A couple years back I was working a deal for 600 mid-grade Pre-Codes, mostly Westerns and Funny Animal with a very small number of Horror and Superhero. Worked the guy for two months and finally made an offer of 18... Guy said he needed the weekend to think about it. Evans found out about the collection and paid the guy a visit. Guy told Evans he wouldn't take less than 35 (since he was planning to sell to me and basically wanted Evans to go away). Evans offered 32, which was about 110% of guide. Needless to say, I didn't get the books... But the old cattle rancher felt bad about taking so much of my time, so he gave me a grand as a thank you...

I spent most of that grand on my best copy of TOS 49 from Fairless...

Softcovers at $25.00.

Any chance of them producing a soft cover version that doesn't fall apart?

uh, thought not........

They're a little better than they used to be but not much... I use three Big Bigs, two HCs and a SC as store copies, and the SC is really only used for when I go out on buys...

I have been impressed with the improvement to the HC though. Used to be you had to break the spine to get the book to lay flat, now it will stay nicely flat on most any of the pricing pages...

The SC is probably still the right choice for people who don't use it every day though. There's no reason to pay the extra money if you don't use it often enough to break it...

Is Texas a better business environment than Oregon? Thought OR. was the paradise of no-taxation?? thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but it's also the paradise of no services that would normally be paid by tax revenue... anarchy is just a few short years away, and the thought of a militia army filled with espresso-junkie potheads is more than a little scary...

After Hatfield and Packwood retired, Oregon lost its Senate gravy train... might be time to go see how the Bush gravy train is doing for the Lone Star State...

Besides, no one here knows how to make good fajitas... smile.gif

I'll trade you a couple of Mexicans for the USMs and a hardcover.They make a mean mole'.

So, for hardcovers it's $16.00 for slow shipping, $18.00 for Priority.

For softcovers, it's $12.50 for slow shipping, $14.50 for Priority.

Any availability and prices of the Big Big book? I use it everyday and this one seemed to be the best.

Tom

So, for hardcovers it's $16.00 for slow shipping, $18.00 for Priority.

For softcovers, it's $12.50 for slow shipping, $14.50 for Priority.

Any availability and prices of the Big Big book? I use it everyday and this one seemed to be the best.

Tom

PS: For those of you wanting the "Big, Big" guide, it won't be solicited for a while yet, but I will have those available when they are released as well.

Looks like a pretty popular item... smile.gif

Thanks for all the orders folks. Remember you have until the 27th to get your payment to me. And there's still plenty of copies available, especially since they haven't been printed yet tongue.gif

If your first name is Michael and you ordered an Overstreet and sent me payment already, I need you to PM me to let me know who you are...

Three forum members ALL named Michael, ALL forgot to include their forum id when they sent a payment, so I have no clue which forumites paid me...

If your name is not Michael... *bump*

If your first name is Michael and you ordered an Overstreet and sent me payment already, I need you to PM me to let me know who you are...

Three forum members ALL named Michael, ALL forgot to include their forum id when they sent a payment, so I have no clue which forumites paid me...

Send it to me! acclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think that was my real-life shill ID? Yes. That was my real-life shill ID. I keep a few handy for... ordering. Yes. Ordering. Yeeeesssss.

Like I haven't given you enough stuff already... mad.gif

Besides, I have their shipping addresses, I just don't have their secret identities... or I guess I have the secret identities just not the cheatsheet that tells me who is who...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think that was my real-life shill ID? Yes. That was my real-life shill ID. I keep a few handy for... ordering. Yes. Ordering. Yeeeesssss.

WHERE'S MY PRIZE??????????????

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WHERE'S MY PRIZE??????????????

IT'S COMING! And it's spectacular... 893applaud-thumb.gifdevil.gif

Like I haven't given you enough stuff already... mad.gif

Besides, I have their shipping addresses, I just don't have their secret identities... or I guess I have the secret identities just not the cheatsheet that tells me who is who...

What the frig have you given me? An overstocked and overrated "adult" TPB and an overgraded DC that you overpaid for! Screw you Duckman! sumo.gif