• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

34th Edition Overstreet - Cheap PreOrders - Guide Due April 2004

39 posts in this topic

I know several folks here get their copies for free... one of the perks of being a know-it-all smile.gif

But for those of us who have to pay for them, the 34th edition of the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide has just been solicited for an April 2004 release.

As always there are two Direct Market covers, Captain Marvel by Joe Simon (Special Edition Comics 1940), and a salute to the 70th birthday of Donald Duck by European artist Daan Jippes.

The Hardcovers retail at $32.00, Softcovers at $25.00.

If you order and pay by December 27th, I'll do these at my cost and I will pick up the tab for Bound Printed Matter shipping (these don't qualify for Media Mail because of all the advertising). If you want it a few days faster, just add two dollars and I will upgrade to Priority Mail.

So, for hardcovers it's $16.00 for slow shipping, $18.00 for Priority.

For softcovers, it's $12.50 for slow shipping, $14.50 for Priority.

For my Canadian friends, the 35th edition might be out before surface mail would arrive, so I will pick up part of the tab for Global Priority. $21 for hardcovers, $17.50 for softcovers. You folks outside North America, add two bucks to the Canadian totals...

Check or money order strongly preferred. There's no rush on the payments and I would rather avoid the PayPal fees. PayPal is fine for you foreigners, since you don't have much choice there... tongue.gif

Send me a PM with your order, be sure to specify which cover you prefer.

Thanks!

'House

PS: For those of you wanting the "Big, Big" guide, it won't be solicited for a while yet, but I will have those available when they are released as well.

PS: For those of you wanting the "Big, Big" guide, it won't be solicited for a while yet, but I will have those available when they are released as well.

That's what I'm a-waitin' on. But I'll be sure to order it from you again!

i am still waiting on an answer from yesterday's PM.... 893frustrated.gif

Take a guess how many PM's I got yesterday... no really, take a guess... stooges.gif

First Tuesday of every month is a zoo for me after about 4pm while I finish up my monthly Diamond order...

But here are the answers to your questions: May 14th, some but not all, The Joker, 34C, The Atom, only if you buy me dinner first, and sildenafil citrate...

Hope that helped, gman... and by the way, I want to thank you for being the cheapskate you are. Three different people messaged me asking for better deals yesterday and in all three cases it took just one mention of your name for them to agree to my price... You're the best! thumbsup2.gif

You'll get a reply shortly. There's about 12 people ahead of you, and Wednesdays are a little busy here, but you'll get your reply.

Hope that helped, gman... and by the way, I want to thank you for being the cheapskate you are. Three different people messaged me asking for better deals yesterday and in all three cases it took just one mention of your name for them to agree to my price... You're the best! thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Did I already say that Lighthouse is my favorite forum member (besides Darth, Greg and others)?

Actually I decided to step away from investing into comics and just buy what I really enjoy and read myself. That sadly excludes almost all Superhero books, except if an artist works on it that I like a lot. It is just so aggravating to store books, put them up on ebay and ship them to make a few measly cents.

In case I`d still do that I would have ordered plenty of those Tradepaperbacks (USM and so) that Lighthouse had up for sale and I actually really want to know where his store is located. To me a nicely set up, bright, clean and well sorted store is a much better experience than a tightly packed and dusty store, though it sometimes is fun to dig in those for some rare treasures. So far Krypton Comics in Omaha, NE is the nicest store I have seen ( I just have been to about 5 different comic stores in the United States)

I love you too, jens... Give me a hug! tongue.gif

Alas, it's simply not possible to visit my brightly lit, wide-aisled store, as it's a figment of my imagination. Actually two board members have been in my current shop, although neither of them knew it at the time, and only one figured it out later and PM'd me to check. There are a few who visited my old location in Texas... There's a good chance I will move back to Texas in the next 18 months. If I do, you're welcome to come by. smile.gif

good stuff....i wonder why i still buy things from u with all this abuse i take... stooges.gif

Maybe because everyone else just deletes your PM's without reading them? blush.gifblush.gifhi.gif

Or it could be that I'm the only one here selling stuff cheap enough that you can actually afford it... blush.gifblush.gifhi.gif

Or it could be that I'm the only one here selling stuff cheap enough that you can actually afford it... blush.gifblush.gifhi.gif

yeah that must be it.....i have no idea why i posted bail for you. tonofbricks.gif

So far Krypton Comics in Omaha, NE is the nicest store I have seen

Jens,

I lived in Omaha for 7 years (from late 1995 until early 2003). The only really good comic shop in that town is Krypton comics. They are pretty decent people, the new issue selection is huge, and the back issues selection is decent. The one draw back to Krypton, at least from a comicbook collector viewpoint, was the massive amount of Collector Card Games that they hosted in the back rooms. There were times that you could barely see the new issues wall because of the "contestants" waiting to play.

I liked Krypton enough to drive right past a shop that was closer to where I lived (it was called Ground Zero) in order to go to Krypton.

Did you know that the Greater Omaha Comic Convention is coming up on the 6th of December? Its actually in Council Bluffs, but that town is pretty much grown into Omaha.

Is Texas a better business environment than Oregon? Thought OR. was the paradise of no-taxation?? thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but it's also the paradise of no services that would normally be paid by tax revenue... anarchy is just a few short years away, and the thought of a militia army filled with espresso-junkie potheads is more than a little scary...

After Hatfield and Packwood retired, Oregon lost its Senate gravy train... might be time to go see how the Bush gravy train is doing for the Lone Star State...

Besides, no one here knows how to make good fajitas... smile.gif

Hi Lantern!

Ground Zero I could not find. Maybe they closed down or so.

There is a store at Old Market called Anarky Comics, which carries many new issues but almost no back issues.

I know about the convention on 6th (upcoming Saturday) and I will surely be there since I am actually in Council Bluffs and not in Omaha. It takes me quite a while to get to Krypton, Comic City in Council Bluffs (out at 16th Street next to Hyvee) is much closer.

It is all hypthetical at the moment anyways, since I lost the car keys! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man, you better just pack up your stuff and move

back home. I need some help after all.

'tween Buddy, Rick, and John F., I'm getting nothing

decent for me to buy on the cheap.