• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Have You Spent on Comics & Related Collectibles This Year?

How Much Have You Spent on Comics & Related Collectibles In 2003?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Have You Spent on Comics & Related Collectibles In 2003?

31 posts in this topic

Using the lower figure in most of the groups,we as a group spent close to three million dollars on comics last year.

How much did we raise with that charity fundraiser again? thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Using the lower figure in most of the groups,we as a group spent close to three million dollars on comics last year.

How much did we raise with that charity fundraiser again? thumbsup2.gif

Wow . . . we really did spend a LOT of money on comics last year!!

i am getting ready for another round of charity listings for early 2004 but I have as of now a $1500 number is a minimum estimate (not really sure how to count for the Toronto comicon auction as I know that I brought up a book and I think a few other forumites did too . . . )

My goal for next year is to be a lot more focused with my comic spending . . . I'm running out of space! 893frustrated.gif

I've grossly overspent on comics the past couple of years; 2003 has been an "adjustment year" for me. I'm going to start concentrating on quality/keys vs quantity of books. Unless I really know the seller, I'm only buying slab copies. I'm following a similar approach as dam60; I will be focussing on my purchases, unless it's a deal "I can't refuse".

$2,501 to $5,000

close to $4000

But I bought some lots to max out the $ per book on low-mid grade Silver/Bronze and sold the 1/2 to 2/3s I didn't want out of the lots to get some of my $ back.

Net I'd say $2000. confused-smiley-013.gif

i would say a little over $15,000 for last year,i really need to start selling some off and this year im going to try not to buy as many 9.8 and 9.9 moderns and try to focus more on silverage 9.0-9.4s 893crossfingers-thumb.gif i just love the 9.8s-10.0s cloud9.gif

I've grossly overspent on comics the past couple of years; 2003 has been an "adjustment year" for me. I'm going to start concentrating on quality/keys vs quantity of books. Unless I really know the seller, I'm only buying slab copies. I'm following a similar approach as dam60; I will be focussing on my purchases, unless it's a deal "I can't refuse".

Sterling - if you ever want to move some of your Ghosts books talk to me first! thumbsup2.gif

DAM