• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8.5 or 9.4?

10 posts in this topic

According to everything I've seen, that has to be a mistake??

Why in the world would page quality have an effect on the multiple-cover grading criteria?

Or look at it a different way, why not buy the book, break the slab, rip off the outer cover and resubmit?

According to everything I've seen, that has to be a mistake??

Why in the world would page quality have an effect on the multiple-cover grading criteria?

Or look at it a different way, why not buy the book, break the slab, rip off the outer cover and resubmit?

Well...the label does say that the interior cover is a 9.4 so it is most likely a labelling mistake with the 8.5! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well...the label does say that the interior cover is a 9.4 so it is most likely a labelling mistake with the 8.5! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's not a mistake. I've seen other double cover books have the lower grade listed as the main grade. The inside cover itself may be a 9.4, but there might be something wrong with the interior of the books which warrants the lower grade, such as some tears or something like that.

It's not a mistake. I've seen other double cover books have the lower grade listed as the main grade. The inside cover itself may be a 9.4, but there might be something wrong with the interior of the books which warrants the lower grade, such as some tears or something like that.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm confused...if there is "something wrong with the interior of the books which warrants a lower grade," that should also be reflected in the VF+ 8.5 grade too... we're not grading the book and the cover separate just this particular copy has two covers...? This is awfully inconsistent in terms of CGC's policy, it seems...

I'm confused...if there is "something wrong with the interior of the books which warrants a lower grade," that should also be reflected in the VF+ 8.5 grade too... we're not grading the book and the cover separate just this particular copy has two covers...? This is awfully inconsistent in terms of CGC's policy, it seems...

Exactly, the dual-grades aren't for the cover alone, they're for the Cover 1 + Book and then Cover 2 + Book.

In each case the book is graded, only using the two covers as the base in hypothetical examples.

Exactly, the dual-grades aren't for the cover alone, they're for the Cover 1 + Book and then Cover 2 + Book.

In each case the book is graded, only using the two covers as the base in hypothetical examples.

Take the book out and resubmit it. It's a 9.8 the next time.