• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Amazing Spider-Man 1

2 posts in this topic

Selling a book for a friend. This is a very nice presenting completely unrestored copy. The principal factors affecting the grade are (1) the Marvel chipping - although it's isolated to the top right and (2) the piece off of the back cover. Other than those two defects, this is actually a very nice appearing copy with no obtrusive creases, a well-preserved image, nice colors, and supple off-white paper. I think the piece off the back limits it to a VG- 3.5, but it's got an outside shot at 4.0. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a nicer appearing copy for the grade.

There is some schmutz on the cover, in the staircase/platform on which Sue Storm (nee Reed?) is standing, and some of this came in contact with the edge and bled into the paper a bit (less than 1/8th of an inch into the cover, and about 1/2 of an inch along the edge). This is clearly a stain, and NOT color touch - I mention it simply so that there are no surprises to the buyer.

GPA is all over the place between $2K and $2600 for 3.5s, a little more for 4.0s, but consistently increasing (surprise). There are also 2 3.5s on Comiclink recently sold for $2575 and $2401, as well as a 3.0 for $2250.

Asking $2300 plus S&I.

PM with email address for larger scans or any questions. :takeit: wins, either here or by PM.

7 day return privileges.

Thanks!

72299.jpg.db58a72e8d1dfaa9019bdec5cbf28d6c.jpg

72300.jpg.510a2c186f78c99f2d62e66d98816621.jpg