• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, BeardedBubba said:

It's up for sale on Mycomcishop!  I decided to price it on the high end and wait for offers.  Thanks for all the advice guys.  I hate to let it go but the money will help get my family a house.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54847558

Update incase anybody wants to know.  I've decided to just sell it directly to Mycomicshop.  It's been up for sale for three weeks with not much action.  Their offer is higher than any offer I got (while I was accepting offers).  It looks like the market may have cooled off for lower grade copies.  Or maybe it's just bad timing.  I can't complain though.  It's still good money!  :)

On 11/3/2021 at 7:38 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Update incase anybody wants to know.  I've decided to just sell it directly to Mycomicshop.  It's been up for sale for three weeks with not much action.  Their offer is higher than any offer I got (while I was accepting offers).  It looks like the market may have cooled off for lower grade copies.  Or maybe it's just bad timing.  I can't complain though.  It's still good money!  :)

I wouldn't say the market is cooling on this book just yet. There are a lot of collectors (myself included) who wouldn't consider paying market value for a comic that has significant color touch removal. It really is all about eye appeal at the end of the day. Regardless, congratulations on the sale.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:59 PM, lou_fine said:

On this TMNT 1 thread here, you've most likely got more potential sellers than potential buyers when it come to this particular book here.  :gossip:

It's going to probably end up at auction, but worth mentioning at least.

Edited by Ozonetv

On 12/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, The Comics Trip said:

Late the party, can I join the club?
Purchased this direct from Mirage in 1984 and had it slabbed this fall 2021

tmnt1front.jpg

tmnt1back.jpg

Whoa! Who the heck are you , and where did you get that sexy beast.😯

Edited by oakman29

On 12/8/2021 at 6:46 PM, The Comics Trip said:

Late the party, can I join the club?
Purchased this direct from Mirage in 1984 and had it slabbed this fall 2021

Big kudos to you as it looks like you was able to not only make an astute and fantastic pickup here, but also wise enough to keep the book in pristine condition over the long decades.  :applause:

Did you have to pay just cover price for your copy since it was pirchased directly from Mirage back in 1984 when the book first came out?  Just wondering since a LCS owner asked me if I was interested in obtaining a copy direct from Mirage sometime in '86 or '87, but flatly turned him down when he quoted me an outrageous price of some $300 for that POS looking book.  Instead, being a mainstream type of collector, I went and took him up on his offer of $40 for the signed and numbered limited hardcover edition of the Dark Knight Returns which I would probably be lucky if I could get back my $40 for it today.  doh!  :censored:  lol

On 12/9/2021 at 5:37 AM, The Comics Trip said:

Former co-owner of small shop in VT that succeeded Moondance Comics in my little town. 

Are you Dan, or Keith?

Funny as this may be I ordered a TMNT #1 1st print from you guys, and I never recieved it. You can certainly make amends by giving me this particular book.

images.jpeg

On 12/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, oakman29 said:

Are you Dan, or Keith?

Funny as this may be I ordered a TMNT #1 1st print from you guys, and I never recieved it. You can certainly make amends by giving me this particular book.

images.jpeg

OH MAN - I am neither Dan or Keith - I showed up in VT for late-stage Moondance. Matt and Chris were at the counter, Steve Perry (the comic book writer) was involved somehow. I never dealt with the mail-order business.....sorry about that #1, super bummer and NO, you cannot have mine B-)