• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

Hey guys! My copy just arrived and as it cool as it was to have the book in my hands, you can just imagine my surprise (and delight) when I opened the front cover and saw this:

IMG_0106.jpg

So looks like I won't need to find a Peter Laird signature of sketch! Woo hoo!

:banana:

Mine should finally arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I hope I get a surprise like you did. :grin:

You submitted it to CGC as a magazine, not a comic, correct? Sorry, this whole grading thing is completely new to me.

two more tracked down! Angela Rose (from the post above) and TFL from Angela's other post. Cool! :)

User Min Grade Max Grade Slabbed Notes
Angela Rose 0 10 No
Archon_Turtle 7 7 Yes SS - sign & sketch by Eastman
campued1010 9.4 9.4 Yes
chainnball 0 10 No
cyberjad 9.4 9.4 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
DetroitMike 9.4 9.4 Yes
DevilsRain 7.5 7.5 Yes
DevilsRain (neighbor) 7.5 7.5 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
icculus308win 9.6 9.6 Yes Signed and sketched by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
iggy 0 10 No
Jeffreykli 9.2 9.2 Yes
lookwhoitis 7 7 Yes
Mac Man 6 6 Yes SS - signed by Eastman & Laird; sketch by Laird; SS Eastman only
Mr.Comicbook 0 10 No
Ogami 7 7 Yes signed & sketched by Eastman and Laird
Peter Palmer 9 9 Yes
rabidwolf 9.4 9.4 Yes
rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes
rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes
rabidwolf 8 8 Yes
rabidwolf 7.5 7.5 Yes
rabidwolf 6 6.5 Yes
RockMyAmadeus 9.2 9.4 No
Schmakt 9 9 Yes slight (A) color touch
SlinginWeb 7 7 Yes SS
Stronguy 9 9 Yes
Stronguy's friend 8 8 Yes
telerites 9.8 9.8 Yes
thebends1996 6.5 6.5 No
TFL 9.2 9.4 No
TMNT 9.2 9.2 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover
Edited by Schmakt

Mine should finally arrive tomorrow or Thursday. I hope I get a surprise like you did. :grin:

You submitted it to CGC as a magazine, not a comic, correct? Sorry, this whole grading thing is completely new to me.

Of the TMNT books, I'm not sure what the official classification is, but Fugitoid book is the only true magazine-sized book.

TMNT #1 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prints, #2 1st and 2nd prints, #3 regular 1st print and NYC variant, #4 1st print, and Raphael #1 1st print are all "oversized", meaning they're larger than standard comic books but smaller than magazines. Regardless, all of the books I've mentioned have to be submitted to the CGC under the Magazine tier.

Hope it helps. :)

Of the TMNT books, I'm not sure what the official classification is, but Fugitoid book is the only true magazine-sized book.

TMNT #1 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prints, #2 1st and 2nd prints, #3 regular 1st print and NYC variant, #4 1st print, and Raphael #1 1st print are all "oversized", meaning they're larger than standard comic books but smaller than magazines. Regardless, all of the books I've mentioned have to be submitted to the CGC under the Magazine tier.

Hope it helps. :)

Thanks for the info! It came in the mail today. Amazing. :banana:

No inside signature, but it's still amazing.

Edited by thebends1996

User Min Grade Max Grade Slabbed Notes

Angela Rose 0 10 No

Archon_Turtle 7 7 Yes SS - sign & sketch by Eastman

campued1010 9.4 9.4 Yes

chainnball 0 10 No

cyberjad 9.4 9.4 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

DetroitMike 9.4 9.4 Yes

DevilsRain 7.5 7.5 Yes

DevilsRain (neighbor) 7.5 7.5 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

icculus308win 9.6 9.6 Yes Signed and sketched by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

iggy 0 10 No

Jeffreykli 9.2 9.2 Yes

lookwhoitis 7 7 Yes

Mac Man 6 6 Yes SS - signed by Eastman & Laird; sketch by Laird; SS Eastman only

Mr.Comicbook 0 10 No

Ogami 7 7 Yes signed & sketched by Eastman and Laird

Peter Palmer 9 9 Yes

rabidwolf 9.4 9.4 Yes

rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes

rabidwolf 8.5 8.5 Yes

rabidwolf 8 8 Yes

rabidwolf 7.5 7.5 Yes

rabidwolf 6 6.5 Yes

RockMyAmadeus 9.2 9.4 No

Schmakt 9 9 Yes slight (A) color touch

SlinginWeb 9 9 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

SlinginWeb 7 7 Yes SS

Stronguy 9 9 Yes

Stronguy's friend 8 8 Yes

telerites 9.8 9.8 Yes

thebends1996 6.5 6.5 No

TFL 9.2 9.4 No Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

TMNT 9.2 9.2 Yes Signed by Eastman and Laird on inside front cover

Well, so far we've accounted for a tad over 1% of the print run! lol

I was just thinking about that the other day....one reading this thread might get the sense that Turtles #1 is common in high grade....without realizing that it's likely the majority of high grade copies are held by the people in this thread.

(thumbs u

I took a closer look at Motor City's copies. They had a graded 9.0 copy, a 2nd print that was VF, a 1st print that was VF-, and a VF/NM 1st print with color touch. They also had a Turtlemania in VF condition with rusty staples.

I took a closer look at Motor City's copies. They had a graded 9.0 copy, a 2nd print that was VF, a 1st print that was VF-, and a VF/NM 1st print with color touch. They also had a Turtlemania in VF condition with rusty staples.

anybody pick any up

Edited by rabidwolf

Question is, which Turtlemania?

I just sent a guy an e-mail. Local ad in the on-line classifieds. He sent me a scan of the book. It look's like it was never read. It is a first print as well. I will have to get my nephew Porcupine48 to check it out with me. If things go well I will have my second TMNT 1 soon. :wishluck: