• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,735 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 10:53 AM, BeardedBubba said:

I am honestly not fishing for offers so please don't PM me asking for a price, etc.  I'm looking for some advice because I am paralyzed by the thought of selling a collectible at this dollar amount.

If you were going to sell your #1 first print, where would you sell it?  I have a CGC 6.5 I'm probably going to sell soon.  I have been looking around and I definitely don't trust eBay with a transaction that large.  Heritage seems like the process will take months.  My main concern is fraud so waiting a few months isn't necessarily a deal breaker.  I also thought about a local sale (meeting at a bank, etc).  But I'm not sure how to get the word out to local buyers.  Has anyone here sold one and how did you do it? 

Comiclink

On 9/28/2021 at 7:53 AM, BeardedBubba said:

If you were going to sell your #1 first print, where would you sell it?  I have a CGC 6.5 I'm probably going to sell soon.  I have been looking around and I definitely don't trust eBay with a transaction that large. 

Since it's only a CGC 6.5 graded copy, I am not too sure which one of the auction sites would be the best.  (shrug)

If it was a HG copy though, my thinking is that CC would be your best shot at getting the highest price for your copy.  Seems that they appear to be the market maker for HG copies of TMNT 1 this year as they sold a CGC 9.6 graded copy for something like $88K only 2 weeks after Heritage was only able to fetch $66K for their copy back in April.  They also just sold a CGC 9.8 copy for the stunning and totally unexpected record price of $245K.  :whatthe:

So, my leaning would be towards CC although I am not sure if this magic touch of theirs that they seem to have with this book would stretch down as far as a CGC 6.5 graded copy.  Then again, probably as good a chance with them, as opposed to anybody else though. (thumbsu  :wishluck:

On 10/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, lou_fine said:

Since it's only a CGC 6.5 graded copy, I am not too sure which one of the auction sites would be the best.  (shrug)

If it was a HG copy though, my thinking is that CC would be your best shot at getting the highest price for your copy.  Seems that they appear to be the market maker for HG copies of TMNT 1 this year as they sold a CGC 9.6 graded copy for something like $88K only 2 weeks after Heritage was only able to fetch $66K for their copy back in April.  They also just sold a CGC 9.8 copy for the stunning and totally unexpected record price of $245K.  :whatthe:

So, my leaning would be towards CC although I am not sure if this magic touch of theirs that they seem to have with this book would stretch down as far as a CGC 6.5 graded copy.  Then again, probably as good a chance with them, as opposed to anybody else though. (thumbsu  :wishluck:

I might know someone who's looking if you want to skip all the hassle and just sell it outright...

On 10/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, Ozonetv said:

I might know someone who's looking if you want to skip all the hassle and just sell it outright...

Of course, the key factor here being the price point and would it be in line with the auction houses as you would now have the hassle of dealing directly with the customer, instead of them having the responsibility for direct customer service.  hm

On 10/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Wolverinex said:

Sweet! Let us know when it gets posted.  I'm sure there will be a lot of eyes on it.  

On 10/7/2021 at 3:03 AM, Gazoony said:

Let us know when it gets posted and the price you decided. Good luck with your sale I'm sure it won't last long.

It's up for sale on Mycomcishop!  I decided to price it on the high end and wait for offers.  Thanks for all the advice guys.  I hate to let it go but the money will help get my family a house.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54847558

On 10/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, BeardedBubba said:

It's up for sale on Mycomcishop!  I decided to price it on the high end and wait for offers.  Thanks for all the advice guys.  I hate to let it go but the money will help get my family a house.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=54847558

Excellent!  good luck.  Let us know when it sells

On 10/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, Ozonetv said:

Part of a pretty amazing Turtle collection I picked up recently....NFS.

(#1 1x first print, 3x 3rd print)

IMG_1948.thumb.jpeg.b4dd7d9f03b1a809661183c915f00f71.jpeg825019547_IMG_3029copy.thumb.jpg.65dd8770641d60193bd1555033f8176b.jpgIMG_3020.thumb.jpg.a74f29f4b2e2a00937685afff1305fc6.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Your the one that pick up that pick up this big one on Facebook. I could not have pull the trigger not knowing what that first prints was. 

On 10/14/2021 at 5:29 AM, BeardedBubba said:

I hate to let it go but the money will help get my family a house.

Sounds like a nice plan on your part and reminds me of @Glassman10 who sold his AF 15 a few years ago to help his son purchase his home. :applause:

I guess it depends on the part of the country you live in, but it would take another 100 copies of this TMNT 1 for me to even think of getting an oldie, but goodie house in my city for the kids.  :mad:  :censored:

On 10/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, lou_fine said:

Sounds like a nice plan on your part and reminds me of @Glassman10 who sold his AF 15 a few years ago to help his son purchase his home. :applause:

I guess it depends on the part of the country you live in, but it would take another 100 copies of this TMNT 1 for me to even think of getting an oldie, but goodie house in my city for the kids.  :mad:  :censored:

The housing market is just as crazy as the comic market.  If I can sell my #1 it will only fund a portion of the down payment.  But every little bit helps!  :banana:

On 10/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, oakman29 said:

I bought my second home this past June, a little fixer upper for 650K in Anaheim Hills,  Calif.  In 4 months time my equity grew over 200K.

Funny, my sister lives near you and we go to the little hole in the wall steakhouse down the way, you should check it out

BB739926-76CC-4499-A9D8-1283CDB2742F.jpeg