• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

X-Men rumored to be the next blank..
No, it's a Wolverine blank for Hero

Are you talking about Wolverine #75? Hero initiative cover?

No, it's for some new Wolverine book. I forgot what it is exactly. I first heard about this last year

X-Men rumored to be the next blank..
No, it's a Wolverine blank for Hero

Are you talking about Wolverine #75? Hero initiative cover?

No, it's for some new Wolverine book. I forgot what it is exactly. I first heard about this last year

Hmmm Sounds like a hit.

Its a blank cover for Wepon X: Wolverine #1, dont hold your breath Adonis, its one of the Hero Initatives books, so the blanks will NOT be sold to the general public :(

They will be used to make a book and then the sketched ones will be sold via Hero

Its a blank cover for Wepon X: Wolverine #1, dont hold your breath Adonis, its one of the Hero Initatives books, so the blanks will NOT be sold to the general public :(

Oh...kinda like hulk # 1?

Yep, Like Ult Spidey #100 and Hulk #100.

I really dislike how the Hero Initiative is handling these blanks, what they SHOULD do is do a print run with a special logo or embossing for the HERO 100 Project books and then sell a seperate printing without the logo for everyone else to get sketches on.It would be a CASH COW for Hero Initiative but they really dropped the ball in my oppinion by not doing this.

I really dislike how the Hero Initiative is handling these blanks, what they SHOULD do is do a print run with a special logo or embossing for the HERO 100 Project books and then sell a seperate printing without the logo for everyone else to get sketches on.It would be a CASH COW for Hero Initiative but they really dropped the ball in my oppinion by not doing this.

If they do decide to sell the blanks, you should be able to buy them from their website, right?

I understand what you're saying, but it seems like doing this would make the books look too common and they would end up pulling in less money at auction. I know you're saying that there would be at least one obvious difference (like a logo) between the auction items and the distributed blanks, but I like having the books as limited as they are. Sure, they're missing out on some money by doing it the way they are, but it keeps these ones that do sell for auction that much more unique and prestigious.

It's kinda like that show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?". When it first came out here, it was on for 30-60 minutes a night for a few nights during the week for a two week period. Is was a smash hit! They did it again a few months later and still pulled in huge numbers. They decided to make it a regular in the lineup and now no one cares about it. They over did it.

I'm all for the HI and I think it would be cool for them to put out some random book with a blank cover. Let them plaster their name all over it so their brand is spread far and wide. But keep the special blanks limited. Besides, putting out a book like that may ruin their "not-for-profit" status.

Very Nice. Where's the signature? (shrug)

On the very bottom, not on the art :cloud9:

Gorgeous book Chris, and GREAT work Bill (worship)

Found it! Thanks.

Besides, putting out a book like that may ruin their "not-for-profit" status.

Peter Hero has already put out several books so that shouldnt be an issue.

Right now Hero has put out

1. Punisher #1 Sketch Cover

2. Hulk #1 (w/Atomic Comics)

3. What if this was the Fantastic Four (Weringo tribute)

not to mention the 100 project books AND the 3 min sketchbooks.

Besides, putting out a book like that may ruin their "not-for-profit" status.

Peter Hero has already put out several books so that shouldnt be an issue.

Right now Hero has put out

1. Punisher #1 Sketch Cover

2. Hulk #1 (w/Atomic Comics)

3. What if this was the Fantastic Four (Weringo tribute)

not to mention the 100 project books AND the 3 min sketchbooks.

You're right, they have put out several books like this. To be honest, I'm not sure what is required for a charity to keep its status. Variants are one thing, but you're definitely right about the What If book. It wasn't a variant, just a normal release. Glad to hear something like that won't affect the status.

It'd be cool to see a book released titled "the Hero Initiative" (to get the brand out). Have a ton of artists contribute to the interior art...like 1 team per page (similar to the What If book). Make it a 1-shot with a blank cover and stock similar to the Dark Avengers cover and you've got a winner! (thumbs u