• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who has eldon's books?

119 posts in this topic

Rumor has it the "Eldon" books were amassed by a guy related to the Hilton's...yes that's right...an old relative of the now famous Paris Hilton. That was the rumor floating around in the 1970's. Anyone else hear of that?

Anyways, I had many Eldon's over the years such as All American Comics #30.

West

You probably should have eldon to that one.

....... :P I know, leave funnies to Gator.

leave funny-looking to gator, you mean. you made me giggle pretty good mike; keep up the good work.

I think I have the guy's full name that you're going for - artist Eldon Dedini. I was about to post a thread about an upcoming sale of some high grade Golden Age comics when I performed a search on "Eldon Dedini" and this thread came up. More than likely, it's the same guy. (thumbs u

Anyway, here's part of the text I received from Philip Weiss Auctions this morning in relation to this upcoming (February) comic auction:

PWA is Proud to Announce a Super Comic Find to be Offered in February... (date TBD)

The Comic collection and Original Art from the Estate of noted Artist Eldon Dedini. The Comics Consist of 21 Key Golden Age Books all unrestored with owners name and code number attached to the cover. These books are extremely High Grade With White/Off Pages in Most Cases and represent some very Key and Scarce Issues. Included in the Collection are Detective Comics #'s 1, 2, 28, 34, 38, 40, 41, 42, 48 More Fun 60 & 62 Batman 3-5. Original Comic art from the collection includes a Great 1962 Peanuts Baseball Daily and a Herriman Krazy Kat Sunday both Fresh to the Market. Will are also thrilled to offer some wonderful Eldon Dedini Playboy illustrations as well. The sale will feature additions from other collections as well including Two Fresh to the Market Hogarth Tarzan Sunday Pages and another wonderful early Peanuts Daily.

Some of you may already know about this upcoming auction but thought I'd go ahead and share it with the boards anyway. And apologies to those who already know who Eldon is/was. :)

Mike

I think I have the guy's full name that you're going for - artist Eldon Dedini. I was about to post a thread about an upcoming sale of some high grade Golden Age comics when I performed a search on "Eldon Dedini" and this thread came up. More than likely, it's the same guy. (thumbs u

Anyway, here's part of the text I received from Philip Weiss Auctions this morning in relation to this upcoming (February) comic auction:

PWA is Proud to Announce a Super Comic Find to be Offered in February... (date TBD)

The Comic collection and Original Art from the Estate of noted Artist Eldon Dedini. The Comics Consist of 21 Key Golden Age Books all unrestored with owners name and code number attached to the cover. These books are extremely High Grade With White/Off Pages in Most Cases and represent some very Key and Scarce Issues. Included in the Collection are Detective Comics #'s 1, 2, 28, 34, 38, 40, 41, 42, 48 More Fun 60 & 62 Batman 3-5. Original Comic art from the collection includes a Great 1962 Peanuts Baseball Daily and a Herriman Krazy Kat Sunday both Fresh to the Market. Will are also thrilled to offer some wonderful Eldon Dedini Playboy illustrations as well. The sale will feature additions from other collections as well including Two Fresh to the Market Hogarth Tarzan Sunday Pages and another wonderful early Peanuts Daily.

Some of you may already know about this upcoming auction but thought I'd go ahead and share it with the boards anyway. And apologies to those who already know who Eldon is/was. :)

Mike

:o

Mike

:o

I agree Ro. :o

Can you imagine unrestored Tec 1, 28, 38 and Bat 3 - 5 falling into your lap? It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Here's a group shot of some of the comics coming up in that auction:

Eldon Dedini Comics

I see only one book, the Detective 28, that looks like it has the small, cursive "Eldon" signature on it. But then all of the books pictured have numbers stamped on them, and I don't recall seeing "Eldon" books stamped like that before. I'll check mine when I get home...I think I have 4 of them.

where OH where is the eldon Amazing man 26 (shrug)

on gcd, silly.

eldon's daring 8 [with some work] sold sun. nite---went for some real dough.

daring 8's always do (thumbs u

I have a bunch of "Elwood" books, I wonder if they were cousins;)?

don't know about that, but i'm damm sure jake and elwood were brothers.

reds (shrug)

I have a bunch of "Elwood" books, I wonder if they were cousins;)?

I know Elwood. He's a pal of mine from OK and I am sure he'd like his books back. Ship them to me and I'll be sure to get them to him. Elwood loves his Western stars and comics.