• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #300 SPLASH 1ST PG SIGNED!!

14 posts in this topic

I keep thinking of that comercial I see on TV with two guys (split screen) bidding on eBay for a sports item. One has 56K and the other High-speed. Guess who page didn't load fast enough to bid...? frown.gif

I keep thinking that will happen to me.

My local area still isn't wired for DSL through the phone lines yet (next year they promise/since 2000 they've promised "next year" boo.gif) and I don't want to pay through the nose to my local cable high-speed monopoly to get cable access.

893frustrated.gif

About $40-$50 per month...

Our local monopoly cable company is on my s--- list.

Adelphia

They owned our local Hockey Team (Sabres) and when they went belly up we almost lost them. I looked into getting a dish, but some of the neighbors have problems with reception, so I guess I'm stuck with them for basic cable. I wish there was competition and I had a choice of cable providers. I'm not gonna give them one more red cent other than basic. I'll wait until I can get high speed through my phone lines... sleeping.gif

Oh, Adelphia are raising their rates about 5% again the first of the year. 893censored-thumb.gif

Actually, we have the same cable company. I had problems the first two weeks but I think that was moreso working the "kinks" out. My cable modem "goes out" like once every 2 weeks but all I have to do is un plug and then plug back in.

I think cable is $40/month -- is that too much? I heard it's faster and more reliable than DSL.

Cable is faster depending on how many subscribers you have.(It's so new that this usually isn't a concern) DSL is a dedicated line to one household.

I've had DSL for 4+ years now. Very few kinks and no problems to really complain about.