• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

TMNTerminator

Show off that ad for issue 1. I think I deleted the picture after you bought it from me. That's a pretty sweet item I'm sure not many have seen.

Ed

Ah yes...that ad is sweet. Never seen before and haven't seen another since

Thanks again Ed! (thumbs u

bud.jpg

Assuming they truly are in that condition raw -

9.6s would probably be $20-$25

9.8s would probably be $70-100

Unfortunately 9.6s wont fetch too much since there are so many 9.8s out there.

Yea, graded 9.8s from both of those books average around $70-$75 (though that last 9.8 #8 sold for $40 last Nov.)

IMO you won't get anywhere near that for raw books. And the 9.6s would be considerable less. I'd honstly think you'd be hard pressed to sell a raw 9.8 for over $25. Again, thats just my 2c

Here's a few raws...

Rare Turtlemania Silver Edition...only 100 made

SilverTurtlemaniaFrontandBacktogeth.jpg

I've got a copy that looks like the regular Turtlemania (which is like the silver issue shown here, really, but without the S&N-ing right?). Wrapped around (but not stapled on) it is a yellow/gold paper wrapper that reprints the image from the front of the white paged book. Again, no signatures or numbering etc so it's not a silver or gold edition. Is that typical for all (some?) of the regular Turtlemania issues to have that extra yellow wrapper? I've searched ebay, comics.org and milehighcomics looking for a similar book but haven't spotted one.

Edited by Warlord

Here's a few raws...

Rare Turtlemania Silver Edition...only 100 made

SilverTurtlemaniaFrontandBacktogeth.jpg

I've got a copy that looks like the regular Turtlemania (which is like the silver issue shown here, really, but without the S&N-ing right?). Wrapped around (but not stapled on) it is a yellow/gold paper wrapper that reprints the image from the front of the white paged book. Again, no signatures or numbering etc so it's not a silver or gold edition. Is that typical for all (some?) of the regular Turtlemania issues to have that extra yellow wrapper? I've searched ebay, comics.org and milehighcomics looking for a similar book but haven't spotted one.

Do you have a pic?

I see that last post finally showed up, so let's try this again.

Here's the book, I slid the outer wrap off (it's not stapled, never has been) so you can see it and the inner cover too. The back covers of both the outer wrap and the stapled book have the same image too, but no numbers or sigs.

turtlemaniaspecial1-f.jpg

I've never seen that outer wrap before. Ever! I wish I had an answer but I don't. I am surprised it has never been mentioned before.

I have a Turtlemania Special as well but now I feel like it is incomplete.

:o:o:o

Maybe it's the 11th gold copy, they just forgot to sign and number it! hm:wishluck:lol

BTW, there's a regular Turtlemania Special #1 on ebay right now. :gossip:

When I was googling and searching for pics that look like my copy (never found any of course) I came across the link below that sounds like they were talking about a gold colored cover that wasn't stapled, but also wasn't the gold edition:

TMNT talk

Sadly there's no pic in the thread and the ebay link is long expired so I can't see it. But here are the quotes that suggest they're discussing a gold, unstapled book. That's certainly what my copy looks like with the wrapper on because you can't see the staple on the inner copy.

I'm pretty sure that's not a silver or gold edition, as it's claimed to be. It doesn't even look like it was stapled together. To me it just looks like extra printer run off that got signed for someone and given away.

I've never seen a gold or silver copy, but had a hard time believing this was a gold. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also it's mentioned that it's a signed copy but of course that would have been possible without it being a true gold copy. Apparently it started with a $200 opening bid.. I wonder what (if?) it sold for!?!?

Thanks for the comments guys. I really didn't know if this gold wrapper was common or not, or even if it was common knowledge. My failed searches were making me think it was uncommon or else that I just wasn't a successful searcher!

Also I see that the linked thread above contains a comment or two from the seller of the Silver #66! What a small TMNT world!

I am a member of that forum. The fellow "cooter" in there was the guy I got my Silver from.

The copy that was being discussed linked to ebay was nothing like yours. It was obvious it was fake, and it had fake sigs ( I confirmed with Pete and Kevin that they were NOT real sigs)

As far as what it sold for...$0 (no bids)

Alright everybody, I did a little digging

Remember how I said earlier how "unMirage" a cover like that is? Well, I completely forgot for a moment that this wasn't produced in house at Mirage.

And from what I've been able to gather, other than the 100 Silver kevin & pete signed, and the 10 gold they signed/sketched, kevin & pete really were not involved in the printing of the book. So its completely possible that this "slip on" cover, and potentially a other "editions" could be out there.

All of that said, even though its not a gold or silver, its still a VERY cool version of the regular book and there are probably not many more out there like that.

And one more thing - I WANT IT! :insane:

Which TP or HV reprints the first TMNT issues. I was on chapters.com and I am not sure which book it is. Can anyone help me with a name or picture. Thanks

Well, there a few TPBs that collect the first few issues.

There are 3 large TPBS put out by mirage that collect the first 11 issues, plus the 4 micro issues. These books provide all you need to get classic Eastman & Laird.

The 2 earliest ones came out in 1988. One version is hardcover, and is relatively rare is as there were only 1,000 copies that wer signed by them. It'll set you back anywhere from $150-$250 generally, though maybe a bit more as there has been a slight increase in prices lately. The next book is called the "phonebook" (for its lage size) and is softcover. At 5,000 copies is a bit mroe relatively available in the $100 range. Finally, you have a collected version that came out in 1990. This can be found in the $50- $75 range.

Other than those 3 books, you next options are the color TPBS put out by First publishing. These are GREAT books in my opinion. Its really neat seeing the turtles in color (all red bandans). These are alot cheaper, BUT you would need to get all 4 books in order to get the same amount of stories you would get from one of the above. Each book has about 3 issues in it, but they do have some extra content and stories as well.

A guy I know have these available and is doing up a price for me. What should I expect to pay for the whole lot and for the first 5 as individual issues. I don't follow the TMNT so I am not certain on prices. They are going to my 7 year old sons collection, he is a huge TMNT fan. Any help would be appreciated.

Feel free to add any notes/info on issues that are key, hard to find etc....

TMNT (the original series)

#1 - 3rd and 4th prints

#2 - 1st & 2nd prints

#3 - 1st & 2nd prints

#4 - 1st & 2nd prints

#5 - 1st & 2nd prints

6-15

17, 18 (Colour Reprint)

24-32, 33 (1st Colour), 34

Edited by kidcolt