• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 8:08 AM, TMNT said:

Your cover homage project is going to be never ending! Another awesome piece

It sure seems that way!  Some of them are a little more obvious than others.  These ones were right on the fence.  It was the "after Eastman" near the signature that swayed me on these ones:

330418804_TMNT112LarenVariantStandard.thumb.jpg.2bd6884e27c150f580855d5bc1b6a496.jpg1793818928_TMNT112LarenVariantRed.thumb.jpg.501137c21553c00bcb4e051f9c11b532.jpg

On 12/17/2021 at 12:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah "just" announced had to refresh lol

CGC is proud to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive Private Signing event with the highly renowned artist Gerhard! He is best known for his detailed and diverse illustrations in the comic series Cerebus the Aardvark. In addition to signing, Gerhard will also be offering his illustrated Remarques for purchase. See pricing and more details below.

For 20 years, Gerhard worked as a background artist, environmental designer and cover colorist on the Cerebus graphic novel which has been hailed as, “one of the most sprawling pieces of visual fiction ever created.” Since then he has been exploring other creative endeavors including doing commissioned work through his website, GerhardArt.com; contributing to the awesome Winsor McCay tribute book: Little Nemo, Dream Another Dream; working on a variant cover of The Walking Dead; illustrating a Grant Morrison story Smile of the Absent Cat and most recently, coloring Becoming Frankenstein.

“The Signature Series team and I are beyond excited to be given the opportunity to host such a talented and influential artist,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “Gerhard has contributed and created numerous astounding pieces such as Cerebus’ popular crossovers in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We cannot wait to see all of the submissions that we will be receiving for this event and we are thrilled to be able to offer fans some of his fantastic Remarques for purchase!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, February 11, 2022.

If the Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Gerhard signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Gerhard is $70 per item and includes:

• Gerhard’s signature

• Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

• Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

• Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label 

The CGC Private Signing fee for a Gerhard Remarque is $160 per item and includes:

• Gerhard’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests.

• Gerhard’s signature

• Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading

• Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

• Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

Some crossover TMNT sales from games for those who might be interested:

TMNT 1 NES 9.8 $43,000

TMNT 2 NES 9.6  $29,000

TMNT 3 NES 9.8 $63,000

TMNT TF NES 9.8   $55,000

TMNT 1 GB  8.5   $4,000

TMNT 2 GB 9.8   $13,000

TMNT 3 GB 9.4    $19,000

And the OA to the last cover I'll just post for fun from my collection (TMNT 3 GB )

TMNT 3 GB OA

I recently posted about my 5 copies of TMNT #2 that CGC graded all of them at 9.8....one of them is for sale on eBay with 4 days left in the auction, please take a look: https://www.ebay.com/itm/First-Printing-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2-CGC-9-8-Grade-White-Pages-TMNT-/224742648468?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

On 12/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, Turtle said:

Merry Christmas to me!  Last week my Kickstarter reward came in from Simon Bisley's sketchbook late last year.  I'm very happy with how it turned out.  I still think Bisley's Casey Jones is one of the best looks for the character.

99168431_TMNTBisley-CaseyandRaphFinal.thumb.jpg.8a9f02eceb3f6a7bc3213752e543d83f.jpg

Wowza. Very nice. I agree on the Casey. He just wants to kick some a.. That mask is always crazy too. 
Was this given because you donated to the project? That’s a nice Christmas gift!!!

Random question for someone more professional than I with Turtles stuff.

I picked up a second print of issue 2. Looks great but the cover paper quality seems off to the touch. Is this just the way it was back in ‘85? Or did people fake this issue sometimes like they did with number 1? Just curious 

8DFB0D36-A766-42F6-80FD-14DD1F8355A7.jpeg

F2EF4073-FD0C-4145-A257-6D1BF60BE130.jpeg