• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,271 posts in this topic

My first TMNT issue that I bought off the stands was issue 6 when I was a kid in the 80s. Issue 5 was one of the first comics overall that I ever paid a more-than-cover price 'premium' to have. I think I paid something like $10 for it at the time when I saw it displayed on the LCS wall. It became the jewel of my young collection. I was giddy. As for the first four issues, I just longed for them, could never imagine ever being able to buy first prints of any of those originals, as they were already waaay too expensive for a kid. Heck, I never even saw them anywhere, only pictures of them in the ads or magazines, but never in a store.

Here's a "heroes in a half-shell" vintage wall poster collection. These are usually 22x34. The first two were made by Western Graphics, around 1990. The Rick Veitch cover poster is from Mirage around the same time. Numbers 4-6 are from '94 or so, I think from Image Comics, and include one by Todd McFarlane. I also have the original movie poster which is the standard 27x40.

TMNTapril1.JPG

TMNTbuild1.JPG

TMNTveitch.JPG

TMNTsavage.JPG

TMNTpaint.JPG

tmntmac.jpg

TMNTmovie1.JPG

Edited by jdandns

On 3/10/2022 at 1:45 AM, jdandns said:

Here's a "heroes in a half-shell" vintage wall poster collection. These are usually 22x34. The first two were made by Western Graphics, around 1990. The Rick Veitch cover poster is from Mirage around the same time. Numbers 4-6 are from '94 or so, I think from Image Comics, and include one by Todd McFarlane. I also have the original movie poster which is the standard 27x40.

TMNTapril1.JPG

TMNTbuild1.JPG

TMNTveitch.JPG

TMNTsavage.JPG

TMNTpaint.JPG

tmntmac.jpg

TMNTmovie1.JPG

I still have this one. I bought it for my brother, as a kid. I didn't want him to ruin it as we were both kids. Him 4 and me 10. I glued it to a piece of cardboard lol

Still have it after all these years! Cowabunga!

IMG_20220310_100013997.jpg

On 3/20/2022 at 7:07 PM, sorrenmj said:

Is this a recent slab?

It's a recent purchase of mine, and it's in the most recent slab, yes. I'm not sure if it was "graded recently" to be sure though, but odds are yes.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a recent purchase of mine, and it's in the most recent slab, yes. I'm not sure if it was "graded recently" to be sure though, but odds are yes.

You'd have to check the cert to see grade date to be sure , but odds are yes, recent.

Edit @sorrenmj why do you ask?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM