• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,286 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2022 at 5:07 PM, sorrenmj said:

It's a great thing being able to take it off your shelf like that, knowing that you have it!

With the way I have everything organized I can pull out any comic I have without having to even look for it. Very organized  for sure.👍

On 3/21/2022 at 12:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You'd have to check the cert to see grade date to be sure , but odds are yes, recent.

Edit @sorrenmj why do you ask?

I’ve just submitted my first comic to be graded and I wondered if it will look similar casing to the one you have. I can’t wait to see what mine comes back as! It’s TMNT #2 first printing! 

On 3/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, sorrenmj said:

I’ve just submitted my first comic to be graded and I wondered if it will look similar casing to the one you have. I can’t wait to see what mine comes back as! It’s TMNT #2 first printing! 

Ah I figured lol

But wanted to possibly answer any question or reason for asking lol

To be sure, the newer cases, imo, do look better with the label on mags especially.  Although I'm not sure if it's a new case holder case or just the label? 

Either way, they impress me more with the mags.  (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/23/2022 at 5:22 AM, Ryan. said:

Just a new label. The magazine cases are the same as they've always been. 

That's what I thought by the feel, although I wasn't sure. I haven't messed with older gen cases in a while.

Thanks for confirming.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, Turtle said:

So this isn't a new piece, but there's a new addition and I love this one so much that I'll take any excuse to post it.

So around 10 years ago, I was able to get one of the coolest jam pieces ever done.  It took a lot of luck and I couldn't be more pleased with how smoothly everything went:

1352140017_TMNTMirageJam-13Step.thumb.jpg.7df0a2bf1b00a287052ef53c71ecc873.jpg

For those who haven't seen this before, this is:

Michelangelo by Jim Lawson

Raphael by Kevin Eastman

Leonardo by Michael Dooney

Donatello by Peter Laird

all done in pencil.  Then...

Inks by Dan Berger

Colors by Steve Lavigne

This is about as Mirage-y as one piece can get. 

Anyway, my eye always wanders back up to the logo that never quite felt finished.  I know Steve has been busy working on artwork for the upcoming video game Shredder's Revenge, but he graciously agreed to take this back and work his magic on the logo.  NOW this feels finished. 

27454781_TMNTMirageJam-14Step.thumb.jpg.3bc5001a826793157b9af3e1915d5b05.jpg

You can find more info about the process on my CAF listing:

Mirage Jam on CAF

That finished logo makes all the difference. Those perfectly placed signatures are awesome writings on the wall too! That has to be one of my favourite pieces I’ve seen. Real poignant. Even more so now that Mirage has gone. Amazing piece! Thanks for sharing!

On 4/2/2022 at 11:11 AM, Turtle said:

So this isn't a new piece, but there's a new addition and I love this one so much that I'll take any excuse to post it.

So around 10 years ago, I was able to get one of the coolest jam pieces ever done.  It took a lot of luck and I couldn't be more pleased with how smoothly everything went:

1352140017_TMNTMirageJam-13Step.thumb.jpg.7df0a2bf1b00a287052ef53c71ecc873.jpg

For those who haven't seen this before, this is:

Michelangelo by Jim Lawson

Raphael by Kevin Eastman

Leonardo by Michael Dooney

Donatello by Peter Laird

all done in pencil.  Then...

Inks by Dan Berger

Colors by Steve Lavigne

This is about as Mirage-y as one piece can get. 

Anyway, my eye always wanders back up to the logo that never quite felt finished.  I know Steve has been busy working on artwork for the upcoming video game Shredder's Revenge, but he graciously agreed to take this back and work his magic on the logo.  NOW this feels finished. 

27454781_TMNTMirageJam-14Step.thumb.jpg.3bc5001a826793157b9af3e1915d5b05.jpg

You can find more info about the process on my CAF listing:

Mirage Jam on CAF

This is simply AMAZING!  I love it!  Thank you for sharing.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Posted in Spare a grade section, although I'm estimating 8.5.

I traded for this, anyway new this week :cheers: 

tmnt #4 2nd print front - Copy.jpg

tmnt #4 2nd print back.jpg

I think it was an excellent trade.  Top corners a bit frayed. Pressing and with CGC grading these days, who knows where it might land. 

On 4/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, BDubs said:

I think it was an excellent trade.  Top corners a bit frayed. Pressing and with CGC grading these days, who knows where it might land. 

Ya I traded two cgc undecopies if mine, a CGC X-Men#107 5.5 and a ASM 365 9.2.

Through in a raw Batgirl#40 that I had found for cheap a day earlier.

Speaking of press, I probably won't. I usually only do those for signature series and I figure to leave this blue label.

A bit of color rub on the back near spin pretty much guarantees 8.5 9.0, but the rest I consider NM. I don't often press, but this one, I'm not too sure it would help either...

I still appreciate LCS giving fmv for pretty even swap. Some LCS feel like only giving me 60% of what they'll sell it for, but the LCS I went to was swimming in great back issues they acquired. Still nice if them. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/12/2022 at 4:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I traded two cgc undecopies if mine, a CGC X-Men#107 5.5 and a ASM 365 9.2.

Through in a raw Batgirl#40 that I had found for cheap a day earlier.

Speaking of press, I probably won't. I usually only do those for signature series and I figure to leave this blue label.

A bit of color rub on the back near spin pretty much guarantees 8.5 9.0, but the rest I consider NM. I don't often press, but this one, I'm not too sure it would help either...

I still appreciate LCS giving fmv for pretty even swap. Some LCS feel like only giving me 60% of what they'll sell it for, but the LCS I went to was swimming in great back issues they acquired. Still nice if them. :)

Even swap, hell that's an award on its own.  Nice job!

Hi all - 

I am looking at selling (preferred) or trading these (open to trading for one or two much larger key comic)...

I have an offer (in trade value) for these from a collector, so I guess I just wanted to see if someone else might be interested in a purchase of them.

His offer (in trade) is $550 for everything you see here (he acknowledge it might be a bit low of an offer... because I'm the one seeking the trade, and he'd prefer cash)

So, I know it's hard to judge value of raw, so just assume the raw are in decent enough shape to get a 9.0+ (if submitted), and I just wanted to;

a) Seek advice from the group to make sure I'm not underestimating the value (or overestimating) these.

b) If there might be a better home for them here, among the TMNT'ers of this site who might pay closer to fair market for the bundle?

c) Nah - sounds like a fair trade - It's a good deal - do it!

Thanks for your time, reading this!  All opinions are appreciated.

Cheers.

unnamed.jpg

On 4/21/2022 at 7:42 PM, Zesty Taquito said:

Hi all - 

I am looking at selling (preferred) or trading these (open to trading for one or two much larger key comic)...

I have an offer (in trade value) for these from a collector, so I guess I just wanted to see if someone else might be interested in a purchase of them.

His offer (in trade) is $550 for everything you see here (he acknowledge it might be a bit low of an offer... because I'm the one seeking the trade, and he'd prefer cash)

So, I know it's hard to judge value of raw, so just assume the raw are in decent enough shape to get a 9.0+ (if submitted), and I just wanted to;

a) Seek advice from the group to make sure I'm not underestimating the value (or overestimating) these.

b) If there might be a better home for them here, among the TMNT'ers of this site who might pay closer to fair market for the bundle?

c) Nah - sounds like a fair trade - It's a good deal - do it!

Thanks for your time, reading this!  All opinions are appreciated.

Cheers.

unnamed.jpg

Just my 2 cents - just doing some quick comps on eBay, I don't think the $550 is too far off, and it may actually be in your favor. For the raws, you're probably in the $80-90 range (maybe a little higher if they're NM) based on recent sales, and for the slabs, the #6 is probably the best one and a 9.2 recently sold for $80 and a 9.6 for $140. So let's call it $120 on the raws to give the benefit of the doubt on the 9.0s and you can sell them at the high end; $110 on the #6 and going down from there. so that's $230 across half the books, and I'd say the other 4 slabs are maybe $225-250 total. This is before any fees regardless of where you sell them. I think you're ahead at $550.

Are you able to say what you're trading for? That might give a better idea. But in general, I think you're doing fine at $550.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Just my 2 cents - just doing some quick comps on eBay, I don't think the $550 is too far off, and it may actually be in your favor. For the raws, you're probably in the $80-90 range (maybe a little higher if they're NM) based on recent sales, and for the slabs, the #6 is probably the best one and a 9.2 recently sold for $80 and a 9.6 for $140. So let's call it $120 on the raws to give the benefit of the doubt on the 9.0s and you can sell them at the high end; $110 on the #6 and going down from there. so that's $230 across half the books, and I'd say the other 4 slabs are maybe $225-250 total. This is before any fees regardless of where you sell them. I think you're ahead at $550.

Are you able to say what you're trading for? That might give a better idea. But in general, I think you're doing fine at $550.

Thanks!  He seems like a great collector and he knows his stuff, and we were really just trying to come to a fair deal, so your note makes me feel like we're both on safe ground on either side of the deal... so hearing your assessment eases my mind!

I'll post the comic I'm trading for after we make the swap!  It's a 9.6 of a very solid key bronze age comic, and he's a TMNT fan, so I always somehow feel better knowing they're going somewhere to be appreciated (or at least, how I envision it!).

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

On 4/21/2022 at 9:30 PM, Zesty Taquito said:

Thanks!  He seems like a great collector and he knows his stuff, and we were really just trying to come to a fair deal, so your note makes me feel like we're both on safe ground on either side of the deal... so hearing your assessment eases my mind!

I'll post the comic I'm trading for after we make the swap!  It's a 9.6 of a very solid key bronze age comic, and he's a TMNT fan, so I always somehow feel better knowing they're going somewhere to be appreciated (or at least, how I envision it!).

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Good luck with the trade!