• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

so that's $230 across half the books, and I'd say the other 4 slabs are maybe $225-250 total. This is before any fees regardless of where you sell them. I think you're ahead at $550.

Are you able to say what you're trading for? That might give a better idea. But in general, I think you're doing fine at $550.

Hi!.. I did the deal.  Here's what I got in return (plus I paid a little bit of cash... I was the one that initiated the deal)... I think this one has a lot of growth potential later this year! It was tough parting with my TMNT as the original owner of them, but I really wanted this one!

Let me know how you think I did! 

IMG_4163.JPG

Edited by Zesty Taquito

On 4/24/2022 at 7:11 AM, Zesty Taquito said:

Hi!.. I did the deal.  Here's what I got in return (plus I paid a little bit of cash... I was the one that initiated the deal)... I think this one has a lot of growth potential later this year! It was tough parting with my TMNT as the original owner of them, but I really wanted this one!

Let me know how you think I did! 

IMG_4163.JPG

Nice, congrats! That's a great-looking book!

:facepalm:

I dropped by my LCS to pick up the final issue of Last Ronin only to find out that all their copies were damaged and they won't have replacements until next week.  :taptaptap:

On 5/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Don't mess with Vinny Vegas aka the wizard of OZ aka BIG DADDY DISEL KEVIN NASH!!!

Man when super shredder stood up, he just seemed to keep going and going lol

So this is where we discuss the modern book? 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, Cat said:

So this is where we discuss the modern book? 

Technically no, since is the Cooper Age thread, and the IDW book is a modern (and different than the Mirage books) but I don't think anyone cares if you do :) 

On 6/2/2022 at 1:33 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Technically no, since is the Cooper Age thread, and the IDW book is a modern (and different than the Mirage books) but I don't think anyone cares if you do :) 

Oh, I saw some discussion on The Last Ronin, made me think thid thread might have evolved into a dual-purpose thread. I get why, as LR has such strong Mirage ties. I can't really get any discussion going on the current IDW series, guess it's not the thing for most boardies. 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, Cat said:

Oh, I saw some discussion on The Last Ronin, made me think thid thread might have evolved into a dual-purpose thread. I get why, as LR has such strong Mirage ties. I can't really get any discussion going on the current IDW series, guess it's not the thing for most boardies. 

I mean, while I greatly enjoy the series, idk if it has a strong enough reader base on the boards.  The entire book only sells roughly 40,000 copies each month.  Then you have to think about what the overlap is between that 40,000 and number of boardies there are.  Like I said, feel free to discuss here and see if there's any traction.  Just don't know how many people are actively reading it and visiting the boards/this thread.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:53 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I mean, while I greatly enjoy the series, idk if it has a strong enough reader base on the boards.  The entire book only sells roughly 40,000 copies each month.  Then you have to think about what the overlap is between that 40,000 and number of boardies there are.  Like I said, feel free to discuss here and see if there's any traction.  Just don't know how many people are actively reading it and visiting the boards/this thread.

Yeah, so far the answer has been very little. Also doesn't help the book isn't in the greatest of places right now, from what I keep hearing. 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, so far the answer has been very little. Also doesn't help the book isn't in the greatest of places right now, from what I keep hearing. 

The first 60 or so issues were fantastic, it got a little out there from 75-100, and it's kind of losing its way now.  But with all the loses IDW has suffered the last few years (losing Star Wars back to Marvel, and losing BOTH GI Joe and Transformers at the end of this year) they have no choice but to keep putting the book out because it will be their top seller.   

On 6/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, jaybuck43 said:

The first 60 or so issues were fantastic, it got a little out there from 75-100, and it's kind of losing its way now.  But with all the loses IDW has suffered the last few years (losing Star Wars back to Marvel, and losing BOTH GI Joe and Transformers at the end of this year) they have no choice but to keep putting the book out because it will be their top seller.   

And it just did them gangbusters sales wise with Last Ronin. You've absolutely nailed the quality, although I'm only midway through volume 12 of the IDW Collections, so circa #86. I did get and read #127, and 128 was supposed to have been posted to me, but never got here, I think they forgot about my order. Hopefully we'll see an increase in quality now that Last Ronin was such a huge success.