• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,273 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It should be worth it though, I hope a CGC representative is easy to track down! Best wishes. Let us know how it goes. :)

I have a couple books but I’m having him sign about 20 pages of art so not sure I’m going to bother with books. He has a rep at the table.

Back in my room reorganizing myself then heading back down to get the rest of the team. Kevin’s line is massive and he has a panel coming up to further make the wait longer lol. Took me about 2 and a half hours to get through, and I was basically 4th on line after the vips. Some things have changed. Kevin now has a limit of 10 items (which means I need to go through at least one more time, yay) and he now charges an extra $20 for a remark (so it’s $20 for signature and $40 for signature with remark) still takes his time with everyone and is super nice. Think I’m going to go hit up mick foley and Judith hoag and then back to talbot, Steve, and Lawson (who are all in a row!)

On 9/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Back in my room reorganizing myself then heading back down to get the rest of the team. Kevin’s line is massive and he has a panel coming up to further make the wait longer lol. Took me about 2 and a half hours to get through, and I was basically 4th on line after the vips. Some things have changed. Kevin now has a limit of 10 items (which means I need to go through at least one more time, yay) and he now charges an extra $20 for a remark (so it’s $20 for signature and $40 for signature with remark) still takes his time with everyone and is super nice. Think I’m going to go hit up mick foley and Judith hoag and then back to talbot, Steve, and Lawson (who are all in a row!)

Good luck! I’d love to see some the pieces you and Ryan get signed. I wish I could meet Judith Hoag. I have a nice sig, but would still love to meet her. Tell her your friend Dan still has a crush on her since the young age of 9! 

Gone the days of free sigs and sketches. I know it’s been a long time, but $40 seems wild. Then when we compare it to other artists and take a a step back and say it’s not that bad! It’s Eastman! 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I adore Kevin (wouldn’t have waited in line for almost 3 hours if I didn’t) but he’s going to be copper age Stan lee at this point. Between him selling his stuff direct and the number of con signings he does, it’s going to be harder to find turtles stuff without his signature than with. 

Judith was super sweet, gave me a hug. Asked if I was even born when the movie came out lol I assured her I was in the perfect age to be traumatized by the second chance store being burned down lol

had Kevin sign my film poster (same one Judith signed) a couple pages from city at war, death of Donatello page, 6 pages from Archie tmnt #1, and a few mirage prints that Steve and Pete previously signed. O and this guy…

14FC750A-2DE7-4DBB-A73D-C309BDE5EFFB.jpeg

It sounds like a great day. Love it. That stand up is awesome. You’re right about Kevin and the signing, but we love it anyway. He has this “humbleness” and coolness that we can’t get enough of. Was that your first time meeting Ms. Hoag? I’d take it as a compliment if she said that to me. 
6 pages from Archie? Any cool action shots?

I managed to get through to a friend and hopefully commission a Talbot sketch. We’ll see. My fingers are crossed. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:59 PM, Professor K said:

Any idea why a 3rd printing TMNT 1 8.5 is at 7,977.00 on comicconnect with 3 days left? https://www.comicconnect.com/item/954751

Oh and not counting the 15% fee.

Someone bid from the main screen without clicking on the link?  That's my guess.  If you look at the search for "Teenage mutant ninja turtles" it comes up with three other copies that are all 1st prints.  CC did a terrible job flagging the fact it's a third print.  

image.thumb.png.752c14e5fa2e1f4d89f13c36c3dbcc3d.png

On 9/21/2022 at 12:04 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Someone bid from the main screen without clicking on the link?  That's my guess.  If you look at the search for "Teenage mutant ninja turtles" it comes up with three other copies that are all 1st prints.  CC did a terrible job flagging the fact it's a third print.  

image.thumb.png.752c14e5fa2e1f4d89f13c36c3dbcc3d.png

I think you're right. And at least one person. To see what printing it is you have to open the page. It should be in the title just to avoid problems, which this certainly is going to be. 

On 9/25/2022 at 9:00 AM, Ryan. said:

20220925_094230.jpg

I have that poster! I had cut off the "by Eastman and Laird" to make it a size and glued it to cardboard late eighties early nineties! To make it more durable to give to much younger brother.

Alas I have no sigs on it, but nice to see it get recognized :x

Congrats on the rest as well ^^

On 9/25/2022 at 10:27 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have that poster! I had cut off the "by Eastman and Laird" to make it a size and glued it to cardboard late eighties early nineties! To make it more durable to give to much younger brother.

Alas I have no sigs on it, but nice to see it get recognized :x

Congrats on the rest as well ^^

It's the first comic I remember owning, and still own it, obviously. I still need Eastman to sign it.

Great seeing you again!  So glad you enjoyed the exhibit - appreciate the compliments.  It was a ton of work to get them to the point they could be easily displayed but now they are ready to travel. Hope to do more shows here in the coming year.

Edited by rich_TMNT