• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2023 at 7:19 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Maybe?  I think we're going to see all asset prices coming down a bit.  Do think it will help with popularity in general, which of course helps values.

Exactly, if for nothing else it is great that the franchise is continuing and staying popular!

On 5/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I forgot to post, please forgive me, my upgrade from an 8.5!! @Turtle

2023_05_03 2_56 PM Office Lens.jpg

2023_05_03 2_57 PM Office Lens.jpg

An upgrade like you bought a new copy to replace an 8.5 or you pressed an 8.5 and it went up to a 9.8?  Either way, killer book.  Love Dooney's art on these.  The cover to 46 is one of my favorite covers from the run.

On 5/4/2023 at 2:38 PM, sorrenmj said:

Exactly, if for nothing else it is great that the franchise is continuing and staying popular!

I'd agree with this.  It's crazy how many versions of the TMNT there are now.  It's like they're re-imagined every few years.  Fun part is that I'm usually excited to see what's next. 

On 5/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, Turtle said:

An upgrade like you bought a new copy to replace an 8.5 or you pressed an 8.5 and it went up to a 9.8?  Either way, killer book.  Love Dooney's art on these.  The cover to 46 is one of my favorite covers from the run.

Lol no I bought it as a 9.8, sorry for confusion 

When I said needed delivered, I meant a purchase. But glad to have it, now have a double of an 8.5, which I'm ok with. It gave me one to add a different back cover picture, as some would argue that at least one of the regular back cover need be displayed ^^

On 5/5/2023 at 3:15 AM, Turtle said:

I'd agree with this.  It's crazy how many versions of the TMNT there are now.  It's like they're re-imagined every few years.  Fun part is that I'm usually excited to see what's next. 

I really like the look of the new movie 

Today is TMNT day so happy TMNT day guys!

”Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles volume 1 issue #1, later retroactively titled The Turtles' Origin is Told, is the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story ever published, by Mirage Studios on May 5, 1984.”

Edited by sorrenmj

On 5/5/2023 at 12:41 PM, sorrenmj said:

Today is TMNT day so happy TMNT day guys!

”Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles volume 1 issue #1, later retroactively titled The Turtles' Origin is Told, is the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story ever published, by Mirage Studios on May 5, 1984.”

40th Year Anniversary next year!  There HAS to be some kind of coordinated event whether in person or online to celebrate next year... right guys?!

On 5/5/2023 at 6:31 PM, sorrenmj said:

I've never seen a 9.8 in a slab, are they noticeably better than lesser grades? I'm guessing once you've had your first 9.8 it becomes addictive

depends on the grade.  A 9.2 verse a 9.8 requires intense scrutiny to figure out the difference.  A 6.5 verse a 9.8 is not hard to tell at all.  

On 5/5/2023 at 5:31 PM, sorrenmj said:

I've never seen a 9.8 in a slab, are they noticeably better than lesser grades? I'm guessing once you've had your first 9.8 it becomes addictive

Basically one minor flaw is allowed, but ya I don't chase 9.8 either, my registry proves that. In reality, the 9,8s were like $500 last year when I submitted a raw that came back 8.5. My point is I couldn't pass up the upgrade at that price point. :)

But strictly grading, one minor flaw, but not too much difference in the 9's other than they get more noticeable from further away  :roflmao:

On 5/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, jaybuck43 said:

depends on the grade.  A 9.2 verse a 9.8 requires intense scrutiny to figure out the difference.  A 6.5 verse a 9.8 is not hard to tell at all.  

Thanks. My TMNT #2 (1984) is a 4.0 which I think looks OK. But I am guessing if I had it in 9.8 it would have more of a whoa factor. I've seen comics graded much lower than a 4.0 and still look great, wonderfully aged and textured. I would like to see what a #1 (1984) in 9.8 looks like but I will probably never see one to know. I bet that would be something to see

On 5/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, sorrenmj said:

Thanks. My TMNT #2 (1984) is a 4.0 which I think looks OK. But I am guessing if I had it in 9.8 it would have more of a whoa factor. I've seen comics graded much lower than a 4.0 and still look great, wonderfully aged and textured. I would like to see what a #1 (1984) in 9.8 looks like but I will probably never see one to know. I bet that would be something to see

It could depend on the age and the comic, for sure, a 6.5 of asm  below number 10 lol

I'd call that Whoa even in 4.0!

On 5/5/2023 at 11:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It could depend on the age and the comic, for sure, a 6.5 of asm  below number 10 lol

I'd call that Whoa even in 4.0!

You make an excellent point, even lower grades can be awesome, depending on the comic and I guess that can always change in time

On 5/5/2023 at 5:43 PM, sorrenmj said:

You make an excellent point, even lower grades can be awesome, depending on the comic and I guess that can always change in time

Exactly. I think used too, there was higher grades and higher values to them, as in a 9.8 at 1,000 but like 8.0 at $200. I mean that is too much of a gap, or in some cases there were affordable copies that way. These past years basically closed a lot of gaps. Batman 227 in even 9.2 was always a couple of thousand, but 7,5 ran like $400.

That just didn't make since, but since the 9s never increased further, then it was stuck, but somehow gaps are being closed, and I hope that stays the same. 

But that's all "value"

Rarity is a different story.it has different factors lol

But I don't mind 7,5 usually in bronze, low 9s in copper, and moderns depending on the vook 9.6 or 9.8

Edited by ADAMANTIUM