• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

TMNT PM sent thanks a lot for the kind gestures. Thanks to Peter Palmer as well for the offer.

So far we have (coming)

TMNT 1 (3rd print), 2 - 10 (1st prints), GGook 1 (not 1st print), TMNT Michaelangelo Christmas special and now Raphael #1. Are there any other must have comics or should we just continue on collecting them in # order?

Edited by kidcolt

I'd say go in order...

and grab the Fugitoid one-shot... I'd never read that before this most recent TPB came out; it was fun.

but also volume 4 has, in my opinion, been fantastic and the print-run is lower than TMNT 1 on (at least) the last 2 issues! (1000 copies each, I *think*)

You can still get an almost complete set directly from Mirage for cover price...

issues 9 & 10 are particularly good with that big event being very well handled.

Thanks. Is volume 4 new? How many issues are there? Sorry for so many questions, I am trying to catch up to speed on them.

Anyone here have them that wants to sell them? I would like to buy a decent run rather then 1 issue, save myself a lot of shipping charges.

I'd say go in order...

and grab the Fugitoid one-shot... I'd never read that before this most recent TPB came out; it was fun.

but also volume 4 has, in my opinion, been fantastic and the print-run is lower than TMNT 1 on (at least) the last 2 issues! (1000 copies each, I *think*)

You can still get an almost complete set directly from Mirage for cover price...

issues 9 & 10 are particularly good with that big event being very well handled.

Edited by kidcolt

Looking for a 1st print of it. I have just started collecting TMNT comics with my 8 year old and he loves Casey. My kid plays hockey and Casey has an added appeal with the mask and hockey stick. I am looking to pick one up some we can have his 1st app.

Our collection is for reading so we usually buy raw comics. We don't need mint copies but we do still like to get as high a grade without rips tears or marks (when possible).

Anyone have an extra Raphael #1 that is available?

The Magazine-sized issue? What grade are you looking for?

I'm always about spreading TMNT love to younguns. Shoot me your address via PM and I'll mail you a 1st print. Merry Christmas!

My son loves to dress like Spider-man can you send me a copy of AF 15 for Christmas? :whee:

I'd say go in order...

The Fugitoid is a must read. Also, I would recommend all of the Turtle one shots and reading issues 1-11 (with Fugitoid being read after issue #4 before #5). This is the classic Eastman & Laird and is awesome. After that, some solid stories are the Retrun to New York saga (#s 19-21) and also the City at War series (from issues #50-62, which is the final issue of Volume 1)

I also like Jim Lawsons work on Volume 2, a 13 issue set that is all in color as well.

My son loves to dress like Spider-man can you send me a copy of AF 15 for Christmas? :whee:

2 copies on the way! (thumbs u

Craig "A.C." Farley was kind enough to sign some books for me. I thought you guys would like to see them, as his signature on a book is quite rare because he is no longer in the industry, and does not attend conventions.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/JNCOPosterboy/The%20Collection/Comics/Signed%20Books/Craig%20Farley/

Craig "A.C." Farley was kind enough to sign some books for me. I thought you guys would like to see them, as his signature on a book is quite rare because he is no longer in the industry, and does not attend conventions.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v247/JNCOPosterboy/The%20Collection/Comics/Signed%20Books/Craig%20Farley/

Very nice!

Very nice!

+1

Quick question, what size Mylites2 do the TMNT 1-4 (original) fit in? I bought some Silver Age size but they don't fit (not long enough). What do you store your raw 1-4's in? Thanks in advance!
As for me, i keep mine in a magazine bag with magazine size backerboard. i also keep them laying flat, not upright in a box. Like I said though, that works for me. 2c Edited by kdoginohio

Just for my own education, what benefit to you find from laying them flat instead of upright?

Quick question, what size Mylites2 do the TMNT 1-4 (original) fit in? I bought some Silver Age size but they don't fit (not long enough). What do you store your raw 1-4's in? Thanks in advance!
As for me, i keep mine in a magazine bag with magazine size backerboard. i also keep them laying flat, not upright in a box. Like I said though, that works for me. 2c

I do the same thing...

The only reason I lay mine flat is b/c I don't have enough similar sized books to stand them up anywhere... same with vinyl... you don't want to stack different sizes lest the smaller books create impressions or rolls on the larger books.

If I had enough magazine sized books, I'd stand them up, but for now, American Splendor and TMNT are all I've got, so in a stack they sit.

I have a favor to ask of you TMNT fans. :hi: Could someone please post up a nice big high quality scan of the cover to this?

86408494292.1.gif

I am having ajaxfarrell make something for me. :whee: Milehigh has a large scan but it looks grainy and has their watermark. Unfortunately I don't own a copy anymore (hope to fix that soon enough)

I have a favor to ask of you TMNT fans. :hi: Could someone please post up a nice big high quality scan of the cover to this?

86408494292.1.gif

I am having ajaxfarrell make something for me. :whee: Milehigh has a large scan but it looks grainy and has their watermark. Unfortunately I don't own a copy anymore (hope to fix that soon enough)

Got an issue number or printing? (shrug)

86408494292.1.gif

Got an issue number or printing? (shrug)
book 1, any printing if i'm not mistaken. :)