• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigfiver's Cornucopia of war, Adams Superboy, Kirby and much, much more!

61 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Got a nice range of stuff today, including some great Superboys with Adams covers, long runs of Kirby 4th world books, and a number of DC bronze lots in high grade... something for everyone.

Here's the deal.. I am leaving town Thursday for 9 days, so any payments not received via paypal by Tuesday night will ship when I get back.

I will quote at cost shipping once the sale is over. Full money back guarantee on all books. Payment by paypal, please.

First up..... some WAR!!!!

Our Fighting Forces #13 G/VG - Looks nicer, more like a VG, but there is some staining on the back cover that takes it down a bit. Presents well, structurally very sound. Light cream pages. $10.00

ff13.jpg

off13b.jpg

Four Star Battle Tales #1 VF/NM Beautiful copy, and the only thing keeping it out of solid NM is a thing, light dust shadow on the bottom of back cover and the lower right edge of the front cover, and a couple of tiny ticks on the lower right front cover edge. Offwhite pages. $6.00

FBT1.jpg

Our Army at War #235 VF/NM Gets my vote for one of the best all-time Bronze Age war books. This is the first 52 pager of the this title, with a killer Kubert cover, an insanely good Heath Rock tale, a USS Stevens strory by Glanzman, and a classic Alex Toth Gallery of War tale. A very, very tough book to find in grade (the top graded CGC copy is a 9.0!) This is a beautiful copy that would grade higher, except for a slight colour rub on the top right corner of the front cover. Off white pages. $24.00 SOLD!!

oaaw235.jpg

Okay, the Kirby books. These New Gods and Forever People books all came out of the same collection. Overall, they are very nice - but due to storage, they all exhibit a slight stacking curl, a gentle bend upwards in the lower right corner. The spines are gorgeous for the most part, and the light curl will certainly come out with proper backing boards and tight storage over time. Of course, you could always have them pressed if that's your thing.

To account for the light curl, I've backed the grades on these books off by about half a grade, and I've priced them accordingly. This is an INCREDIBLE chance to get some of the most classic books of the 70s in great shape on the supa-cheap...

New Gods #2. VF+. Great copy, nice gloss, white to offwhite pages. Would grade into the NM range, except for light stacking curl. $15.00

ng2.jpg