• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February Heritage Signature Auction....whatcha lookin' at?

257 posts in this topic

I placed my first bid ever with Heritage today! :banana:

Good luck buddy!

Thanks! (thumbs u It would be really sweet to own George's #11 :cloud9:
sorry to state the obvious, but why didn't you buy it when George was selling it here (shrug)
I asked George the same question. Why didn't you sell it to me on the boards. :tonofbricks:

Actually, I did purchase the #19 from George on time payments. I wasn't sure I could handle the #11 as well at the time.

I challenge someone to buy a comic tomorrow in the auction and flip it site unseen before the convention is up.

Never challenge a virgo. Ever. I wasn't even going to go to the convention but I'd fly out just for a challenge...

:baiting:

I challenge someone to buy a comic tomorrow in the auction and flip it site unseen before the convention is up.

Never challenge a virgo. Ever. I wasn't even going to go to the convention but I'd fly out just for a challenge...

...I've put a call into the Orlando Police to let them know the Carousing Canadian may be in town this weekend. :gossip:

...I've put a call into the Orlando Police to let them know the Carousing Canadian may be in town this weekend. :gossip:

Sounds like fun.

hm

I've never participated in a Heritage auction, but man is that one convoluted and complicated way to bid on something...phone, live and internet bidding...and you don't know who has won anything until they say so. Even if you won, you don't win unless they say so.

Is anyone else confused?

Im high bidder on the one book I want. The next bid increment beats me out though so I doubt it will hold

I'm hoping though :wishluck:

:wishluck:

Thanks (thumbs u

It held up in the online bidding. I hope it slips by in the live bidding

I can still bid online until tomorrow (shrug)

Im high bidder on the one book I want. The next bid increment beats me out though so I doubt it will hold

Thanks (thumbs u

They let you play a little later cause you're known as the Master Gator!

:banana:

Thanks (thumbs u

:cry: I wanna be a diamond bidder!

Thanks (thumbs u

I'm not putting my bids in till the auction itself - though I'm only seriously after one book.

I've never participated in a Heritage auction, but man is that one convoluted and complicated way to bid on something...phone, live and internet bidding...and you don't know who has won anything until they say so. Even if you won, you don't win unless they say so.

Is anyone else confused?

:news: Phone and live is how REAL auction houses do things. So collectors from the eBay generation are now learning how real bidding is done.

By the way, it doesn't have to be complicated. I've never once bid by phone or live because the time difference is too much of a hassle. I just put in my best bid by internet and then let the chips fall where they may.

Is anyone else confused?

:news: Phone and live is how REAL auction houses do things. So collectors from the eBay generation are now learning how real bidding is done.

By the way, it doesn't have to be complicated. I've never once bid by phone or live because the time difference is too much of a hassle. I just put in my best bid by internet and then let the chips fall where they may.

Oh I know how auctions run. I grew up in a car family and have been to more auto auctions than family functions but their convoluted system has made some errors. We've had several instances where board members SHOULD have won books only to find out through either error or mismanagement that they didn't..ie. losing out on a book even though the book was not taken up to the next bid increment.

If they are going to use online/phone/live bidding then I think they should keep their notifications up to date. For example, if someone outbids by phone that should be updated online and not just live.

If you want to use all 3 formats they should all be kept up to date at the same time.

R.

Is anyone else confused?

Oh I know how auctions run. I grew up in a car family and have been to more auto auctions than family functions but their convoluted system has made some errors. We've had several instances where board members SHOULD have won books only to find out through either error or mismanagement that they didn't..ie. losing out on a book even though the book was not taken up to the next bid increment.

If they are going to use online/phone/live bidding then I think they should keep their notifications up to date. For example, if someone outbids by phone that should be updated online and not just live.

If you want to use all 3 formats they should all be kept up to date at the same time.

R.

When they conduct the auction, they do update the current bid (regardless whether the source of the bid was live, absentee, or online) in a way that the online bidders can see. The trouble is that network lag time and the manual coordination required with the live bidding can result in missed bids.