• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampirella 113

30 posts in this topic

Hint: It's an 8.5, and no matter how "hard to get" it is, speculators don't start frothing until 9.4 at least.

Yeah, but that book guides for over $200 in that grade. The fact that it's sitting at $9.99 after two and a half days is notable.

Even so, ungraded issues stated as 'VF' have been going for the mid $100s recently, so it's a little surprising to see it stuck on $10. I know that there's still 4 days to go, but I expected the action to be a little better than this.

Even so, ungraded issues stated as 'VF' have been going for the mid $100s recently, so it's a little surprising to see it stuck on $10. I know that there's still 4 days to go, but I expected the action to be a little better than this.

It probably would if it was listed in comics - bronze. Sure, people with specific Vampirella searches set up may find this book but it's listed in a category that I don't normally view! 893frustrated.gif

Okay, I'll spell it out:

Newbie speculators and various EBay tend to bid high early, and run a book up in some bizarro game.

EBay veterans bide their time, and bid late or snipe, knowing it's not who holds the book for the for 5 days that matter, but who wins at the end.

So yes, it will end much higher, but if that was a 9.4, the would be on it like jackals on a carcass.

It probably would if it was listed in comics - bronze. Sure, people with specific Vampirella searches set up may find this book but it's listed in a category that I don't normally view! 893frustrated.gif

I didn't even notice the category. Good point.

There, I "fixed" it. thumbsup2.gif

Okay, I'll spell it out:

Newbie speculators and various EBay tend to bid high early, and run a book up in some bizarro game.

EBay veterans bide their time, and bid late or snipe, knowing it's not who holds the book for the for 5 days that matter, but who wins at the end.

So yes, it will end much higher, but if that was a 9.4, the would be on it like jackals on a carcass.

That's true but this is still remarkably little action on this book. How often do you see THIS sort of behavior? Bonds didn't even bid on it. As greggy pointed out it's probably due to the mis-categorization more than the lack of speculators.

its #3 thats tough, not #4

a #4 in 9.4 sold for $168.49 in November

My bad on the #4 - I was getting confused with Silver Surfer #4 I think!

Has a #3 sold yet?

The #1 price is reasonably in-line with what I thought a 9.0 would go for.