• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay does something right.

17 posts in this topic

But isn't this just free pics that are still the real small ones they gave us one of for free before?

This is what I got:

Important announcement for eBay Sellers:

Now it's free to upload photos to eBay Picture Services for items you list in Collectibles, Antiques, Art, and Pottery & Glass. Buyers want to see more images for items in these categories-post up to twelve photos per listing and they're all free. That includes A La Carte, Picture Pack, and Gallery Plus photos.

* Give buyers what they need to make a decision

* Reduce buyer questions

* Grow your sales

Terrible grammar aside, it sounds like the big changes are (a) you can put more photos for free (I think it used to be 1 or 2) and (b) I think some of those packages allow for larger photos.

I got the sam email but for some reason I think they are small images. Their new layout sucks.

It most certainly does... can't sell the seller... now on multiple pages... you naturally scroll down to.... nothingness!

ALSO - why on earth have they introduced postage limits - utterly bizzarre - the max you can now do for a comic listing is £2.75 - or am I missing something...?

I got the sam email but for some reason I think they are small images. Their new layout sucks.

It most certainly does... can't sell the seller... now on multiple pages... you naturally scroll down to.... nothingness!

ALSO - why on earth have they introduced postage limits - utterly bizzarre - the max you can now do for a comic listing is £2.75 - or am I missing something...?

I've noticed a lot of comics listed as 'freight'. I don't know if this allows you to set your own postage rate or whether it's for heavier items as I don't use the robbing bastards anymore.

The greedy just got greedier.

Their new layout sucks.

yah it does.

are they trying to drive people away?

Yes.

And if they put limits on shipping charges, nobody will ever sell high-value comics there as the appropriate shipping method is surely to be much above the limit.

And free pics? Use photobucket and you can put whatever pic you want to in your listing - for free, as always.

eBay has become a raunchy flea market. I've moved almost all of my sales to the forum.

I've noticed a lot of comics listed as 'freight'. I don't know if this allows you to set your own postage rate or whether it's for heavier items as I don't use the robbing bastards anymore.

If you try to charge ANY amount - buyers will either neg you or give you a zero for shipping charges in the Seller Ratings...BS.

If you try to charge ANY amount - buyers will either neg you or give you a zero for shipping charges in the Seller Ratings...BS.

So they expect anybody to list a set of five prestige books for £2.75 maximum postage? That's BS

Just got a notice saying they're allowing you to upload pics for free in the collectibles category. It's about freaking time. Now there's no excuse for teeny tiny scans.

There never was. The HTML code for adding a picture any size you want is ridiculously simple.

Those who used the eBay format were just too lazy and couldn't be bothered.

That is what you have to do Gav if it's anything over £2.75. Seem to have lost the option to do combined invoices though, which has caused me no end of headaches with buyers over the last few days.

I've always linked to multiple photos in every sale, without paying for any of them. You have to have some sort of photo hosting, but that's no big deal.

Same here. Just use the HTML option.

I believe it also gives you a free gallery pic as well.