• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show you mega duplicates

280 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting for someone's mega-duplicate sales thread to pop up.

C'mon guys, you don't need all that drek do you? Can't you just part with one of your copies?

Brian

Not going to happen, BK. There is a subset of collectors that love to have multiple copies of books that they have a connection to. Typically they are worth more to them as a hoard than the dough they could get piecemealing them off.

My deal is simply this: the books I'm hoarding aren't worth what I want them to be worth to part with them at the present time.

It's like selling out of your stock portfolio right now...bad idea. Hold until the stuff rebounds (and history says there will always be a rebound.)

I sold a couple of Harby #1s last Spring when the going rate was $125 for a "NM/M!" copy. I sold a LOT of Valiants last spring, when common golds were selling for $20-$30 each.

But other than that...they just aren't worth selling right now. :(

How much do those X-Men 95s have to be worth in order for you to sell? Just wondering.

The title of this thread bothers me. I keep wanting to say "Shamed by you mega duplicates?", which would actually work quite well..

And I see that Rock was good enough to correct the title in one of his replies. Another one who can't ignore typos (thumbs u

IMG_1113.jpg

Nice! :headbang:

One of the most important single comics published in the last 20 years (thumbs u

I've always thought it was remarkably cheap/undervalued, but maybe there's a good supply of them? Or maybe it's because it was so heavily reprinted in TPB that most people read it that way and never went looking for the original issues.

The title of this thread bothers me. I keep wanting to say "Shamed by you mega duplicates?", which would actually work quite well..

And I see that Rock was good enough to correct the title in one of his replies. Another one who can't ignore typos (thumbs u

I'm not *quite* sure how the whole "Re: PersonX" thing works, so if the title was correct, it was only because I was replying to someone else who corrected it...I noticed it, but I'm not gonna correct someone's spelling or grammar...unless, you know, it's funny. :)

I'm not *quite* sure how the whole "Re: PersonX" thing works, so if the title was correct, it was only because I was replying to someone else who corrected it...I noticed it, but I'm not gonna correct someone's spelling or grammar...unless, you know, it's funny. :)

Looks like Jeffro's the culprit. ;)

IMG_1113.jpg

Nice! :headbang:

One of the most important single comics published in the last 20 years (thumbs u

I've always thought it was remarkably cheap/undervalued, but maybe there's a good supply of them? Or maybe it's because it was so heavily reprinted in TPB that most people read it that way and never went looking for the original issues.

This was another of those books that was expensive when I first started collecting ($50! in 1989!), so it's one of the sets I like to hoard. It's also probably the most iconic modern Batman cover ever. Here's more of the same:

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

This is where these came from:

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

All original owner I guess, cause I bought them new.

Those New Mutants books are beautiful, RMA. They are also hotter than a Delco stove. PLEASE make some bread on them while they are still hot.

One of these days down the road, I will have a hoard of AF15 when this current tulip mania implodes and prices drop. I will start my own thread "Show me your hoards of AF15".

By that time, there will be no forum to post on and no will even care.

You think now is the time? I sold one of each last month, and it was ok, $231 and $255. But with Wolverine coming out in May, wouldn't next month be a little bit better...?

I dunno, I only sell dribs and drabs....

Now is the time. "Movie hype" means that people are buying to flip quick and make a profit. Wolverine is being released in the last week of April... once you get into March the prices will start dropping. Don't be the one caught holding the hot potato. Those books will never be worth more than they are right now.