• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WATCHMEN QUESTION

25 posts in this topic

Watch the movie and forget the book (which is what I should've done!)

u didn't like it?

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i sure like the book and will never forget it.

I thought it was overrated and a bit overdone...

WARNING...SPOILERS!!!!

I disagree on your point about everyone joining forces at the end after the event in New York City. It wasn't about peace exactly, it was that the world was now together. If you remember the days after 9/11, our nation was damn unified. If a common threat appeared like that I think people around the world would unite.

As for the read the book vs. watch the movie. Here is another thing to consider. Most people don't really appreciate the detail and nuances of Watchmen until they read it a 2nd time.

I disagree on your point about everyone joining forces at the end after the event in New York City. It wasn't about peace exactly, it was that the world was now together. If you remember the days after 9/11, our nation was damn unified. If a common threat appeared like that I think people around the world would unite.

How long would the uniting last? A week? A month maybe?? I remember seeing all the little US flags on the cars after 9/11 and a few months later, there weren't as many and now I can't remember the last time I saw one on a car. Of course, I love the idea of unity, it makes it a better world, but I just dont see a giant squid landing in New York accomplishing that feat.

As for the read the book vs. watch the movie. Here is another thing to consider. Most people don't really appreciate the detail and nuances of Watchmen until they read it a 2nd time.

Ive moved on to The Dark Tower series...so if I do, it wont be for a while.

I totally agree (thumbs u

Every time you read it you see something new.