• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman story from 1976

7 posts in this topic

Of course it's Neal Adams - says so in the opening panel, along with Len Wein.

Thanks to the OP - I have not seen it before. Adams was a huge talent - DC thought so at the time, take a look at the tons of Bronze Age covers he churned out for them - and seeing stuff like this "in the rough" makes me appreciate the efforts of his inkers (like Tom Palmer) even more.

I'm pretty sure it's never been published anywhere else. This con edition was the only place I ever saw it.

You know, DC really needs to publish a Superman Rarities archive. It could include quite a few things, from the Christmas Adventures in the 40s to the Kelloggs promos in the 50s to the Py-Co-Pay, Gilberton Hall of Science, Post cereal promo, Cleveland Fire (which I've heard is in the DC Vault book), Leaf Secret Origin, Quick Bunny, etc, etc, etc. And that wouldn't even count stuff like Superman-Tim and the 80s material that was produced by the US but only published in Germany. Or finally publish the original K-Metal story.