• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't this a little on the cheap side...

3 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2208010002&category=972&rd=1

I thought that Daredevil Miller pages went for more than this?

Quite the contrary. I think the price was way high. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that it says "Daredevil #183" in the title, but "Daredevil #181" in the item description? The page is from #183. I'm surprised that two of the biggest dealers out there, Ken Danker (the winner) and Albert Moy bid so much for this page. I've seen better pages go for not much more and comparable pages go for way less. Some of Miller's DD pages go for as little as low $400s. This one features DD in costume, so it will go for more, but I think $810 is too high considering where some better pages from earlier issues have sold for.

Not related to this piece, but something to consider is that it is known within the collecting community that Miller provided layouts to Janson in the later issues (high-180s to 190, not sure about the Austin-inked #191) on small sheets of paper and actually never put pencil to paper on those 11"x17" art boards for those later issues.

Gene