• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Can I Expect to Get For My Uncanny X-Men Run?

34 posts in this topic

If I were you I would sell it to the highest bidder even if your reserve isn't met. IMHO you have received bids that are higher than what the collection is worth by about $1,500 or so. You might not be as fortunate if you re-list after X-mas. I am totally shocked at the current bids you have received. Unless you have seriously under estimated your grades and sent out large scans to the current high bidders, it doesn't make any sense to me. Take the money and run.

If I were you I would sell it to the highest bidder even if your reserve isn't met. IMHO you have received bids that are higher than what the collection is worth by about $1,500 or so.

I agree, and that price is a tad insane for the lot, and I'm wondering what the reserve is. Personally, I'd be emailing the high bidder and saying "It's your for $3500!!".

Then crossing my fingers.

Okay, who's this mysterious a.j. guy, bidding $3500 on the lot, yet hasn't had a live transaction since 2000?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe he's been waiting all this time for the perfect Uncanny X-men lot confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah...

On a large reader lot like this one it's hard to say.

People who don't normally bid on comics have a friend or someone who is a major X-Man fan or something and are getting it for them.

Strange bidding on single books is more obvious.

Heh, shill...

Nope...though I'll let everyone here know that the reserve is set at $4499.00.

I don't necessarily want to sell these books, though a really good opportunity has come up for me to purchase a car at an insane price...these books would go towards that.

If I don't get my reserve, I don't sell the books...no problem.

Using Wizard as a price guide (only recent pricing guide at my disposal) the books are valued very conservatively (g condition being 10% of listed price) at over $6000.00.

My reserve is the bare minimum I need to make the deal worthwhile (at least in my head...insane.gif).

Please, no lessons on using Wizard... boo.gif