• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

Although I was pulling for Rick, the bottom line is... Congrats to the new lucky owner! :applause:
I gave it my best shot (thumbs u

All 300+ thousand of them. :flamed:

Man, you could pay off my house three times over. lol

Need an endentured servant or something? :banana:

Although I was pulling for Rick, the bottom line is... Congrats to the new lucky owner! :applause:

All 300+ thousand of them. :flamed:

Man, you could pay off my house three times over. lol

Need an endentured servant or something? :banana:

hm

I'm sorry bro. I was really pulling for you. Did Destroyer win it?

let the record reflect I predicted $317K (thumbs u

It would have gone much higher had you simply kept bidding. :gossip:

you might be right...but I didn't...had to establish a max...and that was it

Rick, how do you feel right now?

Louise says (maybe) relieved.

hm

naturally I am saddened by the close loss...but, who is to say if I bid $325,000 that someone would not have bid more making me lose at 325,200 (I really don't like that small increment, I wish it was like $5K or 10K, etc, that would have been better, IMO, but it is what it is)

Absolutely. $200 increments at that level is ridiculous IMO. :screwy:

naturally, I have never bid on a comic in that price range, but I did think the $200 bid increment was a too little to seperate bidding (just used to the growing increments with growing prices)...but, if that is the way CC has it set up...so be it...

I wouldn't be surprised if they switch this. I suspect it's an oversight and they didn't plan on such a high value book in the auction. The other bidder was doing a lot of bidding.

let the record reflect I predicted $317K (thumbs u

It would have gone much higher had you simply kept bidding. :gossip:

you might be right...but I didn't...had to establish a max...and that was it

Rick, how do you feel right now?

Louise says (maybe) relieved.

hm

naturally I am saddened by the close loss...but, who is to say if I bid $325,000 that someone would not have bid more making me lose at 325,200 (I really don't like that small increment, I wish it was like $5K or 10K, etc, that would have been better, IMO, but it is what it is)

Absolutely. $200 increments at that level is ridiculous IMO. :screwy:

naturally, I have never bid on a comic in that price range, but I did think the $200 bid increment was a too little to seperate bidding (just used to the growing increments with growing prices)...but, if that is the way CC has it set up...so be it...

I wouldn't be surprised if they switch this. I suspect it's an oversight and they didn't plan on such a high value book in the auction. The other bidder was doing a lot of bidding.

you might be right (thumbs u

I'm sorry bro. I was really pulling for you. Did Destroyer win it?

I called him 2x, no answer... he did mention he was going to goto 350K, but I didn't know if he was serious or not...

the difference is, i am basing my "estimate" on what I am willing to pay, versus just some "fantasy" number that other folks are pulling out of their @$$ or wherever they are getting it from...

(worship)

the difference is, i am basing my "estimate" on what I am willing to pay, versus just some "fantasy" number that other folks are pulling out of their @$$ or wherever they are getting it from...

(worship)

I don't know, I have some very nice numbers in my @ss. :shy:

:wishluck:

:wishluck: :wishluck:

I do think that $200 increments at this level is absolutely absurd though

Yes, 0.07% increases are a bit silly. Increments should at least be 1% - especially at this level. I wonder if they will change this next time.

From a buyer`s perspective, these small increments are awesome!

Auction dynamics are interesting. That Action #27 CGC 6.5 has been sitting on the Metro site for $1900 for months now. Throw it in the CC auction and it's at $2238 with an hour to go.

That`s why I always say that selling decent books through auctions is generally better than through a fixed-price listing.

I agree, Rick got beat by one bid as does any underbidder. It is much nicer to only pay 200.00 more than that bid than 10,000 dollars more.

Plus the drama was like 'Cuse and UConn last night.

Auction dynamics are interesting. That Action #27 CGC 6.5 has been sitting on the Metro site for $1900 for months now. Throw it in the CC auction and it's at $2238 with an hour to go.

That`s why I always say that selling decent books through auctions is generally better than through a fixed-price listing.

Not if there is only one person out there who really wants the book. Many times they'll pay a nutty price just so the book doesn't end up in an auction where the only real competition is their own worst fears.

I've done it before, so I know. :tonofbricks:

Can I say I really don't care for the extended bidding nonsense.

Not only did an underbidder take me right to my max right at the end of regular bidding, but then I had to wait another minute or so to find out if I actually won the damn thing.

Well, Overstreet thought it was only 150k

Is it safe to say now that we have recent sales of a 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0 copy that all the hype around how this book would have gone north of $500,000+ is a dream world? Not to diminish a spectacular $317,000 sale but it didn't look like too many people were bidding this book down the stretch.

Which just goes to show that there`s no point in listening to the pie-in-the-sky fantasies of people who have no skin in the game, and only want crazy record setting prices because they think it will indirectly lift the value of their books.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but will the final hammer prices from the auction be recorded to GPA?
I believe Metro and CC report their realized CGC prices (thumbs u

Well, Overstreet thought it was only 150k

Is it safe to say now that we have recent sales of a 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0 copy that all the hype around how this book would have gone north of $500,000+ is a dream world? Not to diminish a spectacular $317,000 sale but it didn't look like too many people were bidding this book down the stretch.

Which just goes to show that there`s no point in listening to the pie-in-the-sky fantasies of people who have no skin in the game, and only want crazy record setting prices because they think it will indirectly lift the value of their books.

(thumbs u

Well, at least one GA book was nabbed by a boardie.... :acclaim:

I really wanted this one...highest graded by a country mile...Schomburg Airbrush cover, Green dress damsel in distress (you there Roy?), Northford pedigree......beauty. :cloud9:

ama4_68a.jpg