• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

$85,000 on Comiclink and Zaid brokered the 4.0 for just north of $200,000.

So $317K for a 6.0 falls in line with those values - I can understand how people thought a 6.0 would fetch an additional premium as a copy that nice rarely shows up, but given the current global financial situation, it's not surprising that there's not a surplus of bidders for a book approaching the mid six figures. For all the speculation as to what the Church copy might be worth, I wouldn't be surprised if it did better in a private sale rather than an auction situation if it were to become available. the same could be said for any high grade copy.

Now if it were a real key like Superman #6, well.............

I think the 6.0 was a better deal than the 4.0.

Although I was pulling for Rick, the bottom line is... Congrats to the new lucky owner! :applause:
I gave it my best shot (thumbs u

I'm sorry bro. I was really pulling for you. Did Destroyer win it?

Nine ze Action 1 for me. I was in it til 260,500. After tec27 took over I wouldn't compete but only partner at best. First night in a few years I won't have any Action in my life. :sorry: ...but first time in a while no credit card, no biz loans, no car or house payments...bring on the depression baby. My current best book is Superman wedding album. Nothing older than like 1992.

Nine ze Action 1 for me. I was in it til 260,500. After tec27 took over I wouldn't compete but only partner at best. First night in a few years I won't have any Action in my life. :sorry: ...but first time in a while no credit card, no biz loans, no car or house payments...bring on the depression baby. My current best book is Superman wedding album. Nothing older than like 1992.
You can come over and see my Actions! Debt free? Lunch is on you! :grin:

Although I was pulling for Rick, the bottom line is... Congrats to the new lucky owner! :applause:
I gave it my best shot (thumbs u

I'm sorry bro. I was really pulling for you. Did Destroyer win it?

that is funny

Actually accidentally slept thru last two hours :sick: sicker than a dog. .

well at least I know why you don't 1)answer my calls and 2)return my calls :baiting:

Woke up hour ago to sis in law an her 2 kids staring at me on couch. Not a pretty site. They are really ugly. Wanted to wait for them 2 leave b-4 calling but figured getting late i'll catch ya hear. I'm sorry I wasn't around.

:signfunny: Nomination for the funniest post of the year. I just hope you sister in law doesn't read your post.

First night in a few years I won't have any Action in my life. :sorry: ...but first time in a while no credit card, no biz loans, no car or house payments...bring on the depression baby. My current best book is Superman wedding album. Nothing older than like 1992.

That would be a hilarious collection, a bunch of 90s books and an Action 1. Can you imagine you bring a comic box full of books to a LCS, with the Action 1 in the middle. As typical, the owner will look at the first few books and upon seeing it`s all 90s common stuff, will immediately turn up his nose and say he`s not interested. Then you turn the box over to a friend who pretends like he`s an interested by-stander who continues to flip through and pulls out the Action 1 and says I`ll take it!

Not to diminish a spectacular $317,000 sale but it didn't look like too many people were bidding this book down the stretch.

(thumbs u

Let's all keep it in perspective. A 6.0 funny book with cr/ow pages selling for $317K is a spectacular sale for the hobby and for Metro.

Would've been nice if a fellow boardie we all know snagged it. But you can't have everything.

w

Not to diminish a spectacular $317,000 sale but it didn't look like too many people were bidding this book down the stretch.

(thumbs u

Let's all keep it in perspective. A 6.0 funny book with cr/ow pages selling for $317K is a spectacular sale for the hobby and for Metro.

Would've been nice if a fellow boardie we all know snagged it. But you can't have everything.

Well it came in well short of what I though it would . Superman is just not in the class of honus wagner yet.

(thumbs u

True and true.

it bears repeating that I correctly picked the closing price of $317K....

in fact, on most major auctions, I think I have been within single digits % wise...so, it pays to "pay" attention to the market...

that said, if anyone would like purchasing advice, for a small fee, I will assist (I mean, GPA tells you "after" the fact what a book sells for, and they charge...surely me telling you "before" the fact is worth a fee lol )