• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone deal with Greg White

44 posts in this topic

Tell me about it. I got a Hot Dog and a bottled water and it was $8.25. :cry:

Yeah...that was outrageous. I wouldn't have bothered but hadn't eaten all day while driving up on Friday. That was the last food item I bought at the con. There was a convienent supermarket near the hotel so I loaded up on the way to the con on Sat... (thumbs u

Jim

Well, call me late to the party, but it sounds like this guy Greg White is PO'd at CGC because he gets lots of complaints on books he sold being restored - sounds like a shady dealer all the way around. At least, when caught red-handed, admit it! Don't whine and cry and say "it's unfair that you caught me doing something I knew was wrong, you ruined it!"

????

-slym

I got 4 slices of pizza and 2 drinks for my son and I...$27.50!!!! I almost fell over....

They were selling chinese meals in the back of the hall for $10...but after seeing it, it was clearly not worth it...

Jim

I got 4 slices of pizza and 2 drinks for my son and I...$27.50!!!! I almost fell over....

They were selling chinese meals in the back of the hall for $10...but after seeing it, it was clearly not worth it...

Jim

NYC was insane too. I think they were charging $4 for a bottle of water.

I loaded up on breakfast before I got there, took a few granola bars and bottles of water and stormed through each day.

That is absolute rape, charging that much for food that costs pennies to make. I'd gladly pay strong for decent food but that is just junk food anyway...

:screwy:

In NYC there was a cart outside one of the entrances that had decent food and the drinks were $1. Of course, finding it was sort of like finding a needle in a haystack and you had to leave the con floor but... the charges inside the con in NY, and most cons, is truly outrageous.

I got a hot dog off that guy. It was a soggy, waterlogged hot dog.

I was pretty put off as all of our hot dog carts up here north of the border are BBQ'd meat.

You are right though...if you walked out onto the street you could find a few options.

I guess I'm not quite as picky. lol

Although I ate down in the food court most days for lunch. On thursday though, the cart was the best option.

But at WW Philly and at B-More the food is similarly rip offish but there are some really good options very, very close so it's more palatable. That area around the Javits is a little bit cut off from most other things.

Yeah, it's just that my expectations were a bit different. I was expecting this crisp, spicey hot dog and I got a wet noodle.

lol

Also, I'm used to hot dog carts with all types of options...Oktoberfest, Polish, Spicey Italian, etc and tons of toppings. I love olives, onions, saurkraut and mustard/ketchup. This gent had one type of dog and no real toppings.

Still, not complaining as much as I am simply comparing to what I was expecting. I was hungry and thirsty and happy to find something quick on the way back.

R.

I guess I'm not quite as picky. lol

Although I ate down in the food court most days for lunch. On thursday though, the cart was the best option.

But at WW Philly and at B-More the food is similarly rip offish but there are some really good options very, very close so it's more palatable. That area around the Javits is a little bit cut off from most other things.

That place across from WWphilly has GREAT food.

Also, I'm used to hot dog carts with all types of options...Oktoberfest, Polish, Spicey Italian, etc and tons of toppings. I love olives, onions, saurkraut and mustard/ketchup. This gent had one type of dog and no real toppings.

The only place in Canada I've ever see this type of hot dog cart is outside the strip clubs in Windsor. hm

Reading Terminal Market. Tremendous. I love it there. I probably will only be in WW Philly one day this year... some how, I'm not even that disappointed about it.

YES! And I will only be at philly one day maximum. I am planning on going to Herocon this year. Philly stunk last year, and I havent been that far down south since I was 12. Plus I want to meet a few board members from down there I talk with.

took a few granola bars and bottles of water and stormed through each day

That and usually yogurt and and apple will do the trick for me. I usually bring extra for those who give me a hard time about it but who are starving because they don't want/won't pay for what the convention offers.

Can't say too much about the Greg character, there seems to be a lot of those around here but, What I can tell you is that you, comiconwise, you get the best deal in the food court by where the Emerald city con is held, who can beat quick Subway service with free refills, it's awesome. 9$ you'll be full. What I don't like is the McDonald's outside the center, not far. I remember the Sundaes at Mckey Ds use to have peanuts, strawberrys and chocolate all intermixed, top & bottom,now it's just the chocolate and peanuts on top, the bottom, they stopped, what is the deal with that? I use to look forward to making it to the bottom for all the goodies, man, whatz this world coming to?!? :boo:

To momentarily get back on topic, Greg White is the anti-christ.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program..."What con has the best, most affordable hot dog."

I actually met Greg White in NYC. Jerry Weist was sitting next to him and I met Susan Cicconi there for the first time as well. I brought Susan to look at a book she had worked on at Greg's table. This was my only dealing with him but he did disclose the resto.

It was an All American #16 and the resto looked quite extensive.

Susan didn't remember the book as it was done about 20 years prior.

That's all I know about the guy.

R.