• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A box full of NM Action #1s?

What would you do?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

47 posts in this topic

Let's say you bought a house, you're going through the attic, and you find a large box, filled to the brim with 500 near mint copies of Action #1. Apparently someone back in 1938 bought these 500 copies and stored them away in this box, and now you're the lucky person who's found them.

If you'd just had found one of these, you'd be very lucky indeed, but coming across 500 of them is simply unbelievable. However... If you let it be known that you've made this incredible find, the market for Action #1 will change drastically. 500 NM copies of this book, suddenly available to the market.

Let's say you bought a house, you're going through the attic, and you find a large box, filled to the brim with 500 near mint copies of Action #1. Apparently someone back in 1938 bought these 500 copies and stored them away in this box, and now you're the lucky person who's found them.If you'd just had found one of these, you'd be very lucky indeed, but coming across 500 of them is simply unbelievable. However... If you let it be known that you've made this incredible find, the market for Action #1 will change drastically. 500 NM copies of this book, suddenly available to the market.

What would you do?Keep them all to yourself?Let people know you have 500 copies of Action #1 in NM, and do your best to sell them at a premium?Hide the fact that you've found so many and only let on that you have 10 or 20 of them for sale?Hide it all completely and only sell one out at a time, very slowly?Something else (explain)

Send the worst one of the lot into CGC get it back graded at whatever grade it is at sell it at a NR auction.Laugh to your self as it goes really big!Send the other 499 into CGC have them Graded and although it would make the book worth a lot less you could still have the nicest copy and that would still make it worth it anyway!Davidking623

The first thing I would do is attempt to wake up from the dream I was having...

A lot of people have a similar dream except they are awake when they are having it and not asleep. It isn't a dream of a box full of NM Action #1s, but instead it is a dream that many people have boxes of Hulk #181 9.4 or better (like 10,000 or so). 893whatthe.gif And let us not forget the dream that great comic book crash is coming very soon.

devil.gif

God!!!! What is your deal with Hulk #181??? I don't think anyone really thinks there is a guy out there with a box of 10,000 Hulk 181's. I hope for you sake you were joking. Let me guess you have a 9.6 Hulk #181 and are trying to prove how rare it is to make more money off of it. Do yourself a favor and change your book to one that is rare.

Eric

Hmmm…

I would keep the best 11 and secretly torch the other 489.

I could keep the best one out of 11 for myself and leech out the other 10 over a year.

That would net me a cool 5 mil (or somewhere near there) and keep those others that have invested in Action #1 from putting a gun to their head.

WTF ! Why are you asking this ?

To mess with our minds! We know this wont happen its just a poll!

insane.gif

Davidking623

Yeah, I know. I just find it hard to believe that 32 people have so far pondered the question. If you said 100 NM X-men 94's or 10 VG+ Action 1's I could go for it, but it's a bit off the rails for me.

God!!!! What is your deal with Hulk #181??? I don't think anyone really thinks there is a guy out there with a box of 10,000 Hulk 181's.

Obviously you haven't looked at the poll question that shows many people think there are 10,000+ 9.4 or better copies of Hulk #181 out there.

I hope for you sake you were joking.

Maybe, maybe not.

Let me guess you have a 9.6 Hulk #181 and are trying to prove how rare it is to make more money off of it.

Maybe I do or maybe I don't. Maybe I have a box of raw NM copies that I picked up at a flea market a year ago in PA. It is possible because after all they are so plentiful.

Do yourself a favor and change your book to one that is rare.

Eric

Did I ever say Hulk #181 was rare? Don't think so.

Obviously you haven't looked at the poll question that shows many people think there are 10,000+ 9.4 or better copies of Hulk #181 out there

Obviously you missed your STRIKE for Blatant and Continuous Trolling. grin.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=340137&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Obviously you haven't looked at the poll question that shows many people think there are 10,000+ 9.4 or better copies of Hulk #181 out there

Obviously you missed your STRIKE for Blatant and Continuous Trolling. grin.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=340137&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I knew I could get you to come out and play if I just mentioned Hulk #181 enough times. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

What I can't believe is how many people would sell em one at a time... leeches! insane.gif (of course *I* was the only person who didn't respond with "other")

I Did !!! I would send the first one into CGC get it graded and tell everyone I had another 499 that I was going to send in with the sales of this one.Really no would probably take me seriously But I dont have that much cash to grade the other 499 so i would need to sell the first one to raise the money for grading the rest.That way I wouldnt be a leech and I came clean with the truth to begin with.They would probably believe me after that though!! I just couldnt torch a lot of the copies for financial gain as it goes against my grain.Although my son thinks diffrently!

Davidking623

Ohhh…It is not for personal gain.

You know the stories about the stock traders that jump out of windows when there is a crash? Imagine what releasing 500 of these books into the world would do to its value. Those people are going to be big time upset. I fear for them and myself if they ever figure out where I live.

insane.gif

If you want to maximize your profits, here's what you'd do:

1) Crinkle and crease a few issues to the G/VG level and submit.

2) Sell those, and repeat, using slightly less damage each time, and moving up to the F/VF level.

3) Bend a few corners on subsequent issues and release the VF, and then the VF/NM.

4) You should be halfway through the box, and a lot richer before you unleash the NM demons, grading a nice 10-20 using the proceeds, keeping the best and taking some of those BSD's up on their "million dollar offers". By the time one shows the other, you'll be in Hawaii!

If you want to maximize your profits, here's what you'd do:

1) Crinkle and crease a few issues to the G/VG level and submit.

2) Sell those, and repeat, using slightly less damage each time, and moving up to the F/VF level.

3) Bend a few corners on subsequent issues and release the VF, and then the VF/NM.

4) You should be halfway through the box, and a lot richer before you unleash the NM demons, grading a nice 10-20 using the proceeds, keeping the best and taking some of those BSD's up on their "million dollar offers". By the time one shows the other, you'll be in Hawaii!

"in" Hawaii? Hell, you'd OWN Hawaii. devil.gif