• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A box full of NM Action #1s?

What would you do?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

47 posts in this topic

Actually I never said that's far fetched but what you claim day-in and day-out. Are things that are simply idiotic. Sure people go in to sell books to dealers, contrary to the picture you attempt to paint, MOST of the collections they sell AREN'T complete runs of EVERY SINGLE title nor are they high grade. But in Joe Collector-Land, this happens on a daily basis. But then again, you ARE the guy that has friends with stacks of Hulk 181's and every other book out there.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

You know Murph, you and the other uninformed newbies are the reason why I don't feel comfortable buying comics at current prices, and why it's all destined to be a house of cards.

As of 2004, the watch is on.

Awww... and I missed the original. But here's another one calling me a newbie. Oh boy, you master of comic collecting you MUST know more about comic book collecting than me because NOONE knows as much as you THINK you know.

Vince, do you ever wonder why you butt heads with basically EVERYONE on these forums? Because you shovel tons of BS, and because you can't accept ANYONE ELSES point of view if it doesn't coincide with your own. I'm sure this is beginning to sound like a broken record to you as others have said the same thing. I don't know what the hell happened to you since the CI.com forums, but you've definately changed for the worse.. and I don't mean your attitude toward comic collecting, I mean your attitude in general.

Brian

Because you shovel tons of BS

Now this is one reason why I get so irritated. I post something, and it's automatically BS. It doesn't matter if it's comics, a run-in with a bank machine that gave me $20 extra, an EBay deal, or basically anything.

Just today, I posted that I had a Modern CGC 9.2 with Light Tan pages (a book that isn't supposed to exist), and you can guess what happened. makepoint.gif And yeah, I posted the scan for a bit, until Steve got back to me.

I really don't know why I even try, as it's obviously not worth the effort to placate people who automatically slam and degrade each and every word I type.

I agree this story just sounds stupid. Any comment Timely?

It's very possible that the base of the story is true, but that the guy was blowing off remaindered (unreported/stolen) warehouse issues and didn't want to get into any trouble.

Back in my younger days, when I used to haunt the local shop, I'd see this all the time. Some guy would walk in, ask if they bought old comics, and then spout off some tale about being a "big collector" who "bought multiples" and that they were "looking to sell off".

Partially, this was to try and not get ripped off (although the owner fleeced them like sheep), but also because it sounded better than:

"Hi, I'm a insufficiently_thoughtful_person with no idea of comic book values. My family bought a storage facility and we found a huge pile of old comics. Here are the ones the rats didn't chew". grin.gif

Back when I had my store,several people were always teling me about this guy who had over a million undistributed comics. I laffed at them until one day at a show this guy turned up with a box of TOSs that were brand spanking new.Turned out to be the even more edup brother of the edup owner of the MH2 collection.

Right now, one of the most dispised dealers on E-bay whatever his name is,claims to have found a warehouse of books that once belonged to Grand Comics. I've seen a few

dozen books and am beginning to think he might be legit.

So,it is possible that someone walked into a store with

200 HG Daredevil 1s,but if they did-the story they told was pure BS. And I,for one,still think the story belongs in the urban legend catagory.

I spent considerable time and money a few months ago chasing down the collection of an actor I met on the set of Crow 4. The collection which as supposed to contain thousands of 1960s Marvels including full runs of Spidey in mint shape turned out to be a few hundred bronze books with a few Silver spideys including a ragged AF 15.If he had given me the books,it wouldn't have allowed me to recover my costs,which included two trips to Salt Lake City and one to Jackson Hole. Now the collection is supposed to be in the UK and the guy wants me to fly us

both there.